Prologue

2010

Liam Payne was in bed trying to sleep but he couldn't. He was thinking about his audition on XFactor which was in two weeks.

He really wanted to prove to Simon Cowell that he was ready this time. He knew that he had what it takes, but he was still nervous.

"I wish I could go to the future and see how it all turns out," Liam said out loud before closing his eyes and trying to sleep.

2034

Liam Payne was lying in his bed with his wife Madison. He had recently gotten off the phone with his best friend and former band mate Louis Tomlinson.

Louis was worried because his oldest, Freddie would be going off to UNI soon.

They had reminisced about the "good ol' days" and teasing each other about how old they were getting.

Their band, One Direction, was no longer together, but he and Louis were still really close. Even still worked together.

He still talked to his other band mates, Niall Horan and Harry Styles, but Harry was living in the States and Niall had moved back to Ireland, so he didn't talk to or see them as much.

They all tried to get together once a year though so he'd see them in a few days.

Their other former band mate Zayn Malik usually came as well but his wife, Lorelai, was pregnant with their third child so he said he wasn't sure he'd be able to make it this year.

Liam smiled to himself as he remembered his and Louis' conversation.

"Sometimes I wish I could go back to before I went on XFactor the second time. Relive those moments."

"You say something babe?" His wife asked him, not really awake.

"No honey," he whispered. "Go back to sleep," he told her, stroking her hair then closing his eyes, trying to sleep himself.

Author's Note: I'm going ahead with this even though I'm not in the know about all the facts. I've asked around, and searched for the exact date Liam auditioned but have so far come up empty. If you're seeing this and you know, comment or message me and I'll add it.

Even though part of this takes place in the future, there probably won't be a lot of mention about better technology, etc. Probably better TVs, cellphones and such but THAT'S not the type of story I want to tell.

Hope you're all going to enjoy this ride together.
I've already started writing the 1st chapter, hope to be up soon.

Comment, Vote please.