Truth

I can’t believe it, why couldn’t my Dad just let me go to my sixth form instead of sending me to college. I wouldn’t know anyone in college; at least in sixth form I know everyone and all the teachers. I think he just wants me to meet new people and get some more qualifications in something else.

“Bailey, hurry up! I want you to be up and ready to leave the house and you still need your breakfast!” I could hear my Dad shouting from downstairs. Why did I have to be up so early, it’s only a college interview which I couldn’t care less about because I didn’t want to go to college but my Dad just wasn’t listening to what I was saying.

“Okay Dad, it won’t take me long” I shout back in frustration... He just wasn’t listening to me. How does he expect me to follow my dream if he won’t even let me go to sixth form and get my A- levels. I push my anger to the back of my mind and jump out of bed. I walk over to my wardrobe and pick out my flower playsuit and my gladiators. After glancing in the mirror I then walk over to my dresser and grab my flowered head band and shoved my hair up in a messy bun.

“ Finally, right I’ve made you some pancakes as a breakfast hurry up and eat them though because you’ll need to brush your teeth and then we need to be on our way” I sigh slightly as my Dad goes on about everything to me. As I took a seat at our kitchen table I quickly scoffed down my pancakes which made me feel sick but then washed it all down with a glass of orange juice.

“Bailey please hurry up” My Dad nagged at me again. Why couldn’t he just trust me that I will be ready on time?!

I make my way back up the stairs to go into the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. I walked into the bathroom and started brushing making sure I didn’t miss any teeth; I spat out the toothpaste and reached for the mouthwash just to make my breath more minty fresh.

“ Ner, Ner Bailey. Dad said I can come with you. HAHAHAHA” Ugh, my annoying younger brother Oscar walked out of his room and into the bathroom to where I was. I wouldn’t mind other people coming with us but anyone but him; he was just so annoying and would never shut up about FIFA or WWE wrestling.

“Whatever Oscar, I couldn’t care less. Just don’t be annoying, okay?!” I know I sounded a bit harsh towards him but if you knew how annoying he was you would say the exact same, If I’m being honest I think I was too nice with him.

“Well guess what... Dad said we can watch wrestling in the car” Oscar said smiling towards me because he knew he could get whatever he wanted and if I had a go at him for it, Dad would just shout at me.

“Oh for god sake Oscar! Fine, now let’s go” Just as I said that to Oscar I could already hear my Dad shouting for us both to hurry up because he was already on his way to the car.

Dad was irritating me so much so I just decided to bite my tongue and walk downstairs and out to the car to get this interview over and done with.

Dad is sitting in our Audi whilst the engine is going, I could see him tapping his fingers on the steering wheel hinting for us to hurry up.

The whole drive up to the college was so quiet and boring. The only noise made was the sound of Oscar’s WWE video and the noises he made when one of his favourite wrestlers beat their rivals. Finally we pulled up to the college; it was massive with thousands of students walking around and their college logo on the front. The size of the college made me feel so small, like I was an ant. The college must’ve informed someone we were coming because as I got out of the car and walked towards the entrance there was a young student waiting there and asked if I was Bailey Green. The student was so pretty, she had brown curly hair just below her back, the bluest eyes I had ever seen and was wearing a multi coloured bodycon dress which showed off her figure perfectly.