Emie's visit

"Jack, you alright?" North asked, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest, his bright, wonder-filled eyes looked at the winter spirit with concern.

"I just wish I could have done something..." Jack frost growled, his ice-blue eyes glossed over in tears as he internally beating himself up for not being able to get to Sandy in time to save him.

"'Done Something'? Jack. You stood up to Pitch. You saved us!" North said in disbelief.

"But, Sandy--" Jack started, but was instantly cut of by North.

"Would be proud of what you did..." North said reassuringly, before Bunny hopped over to the two in a hurry, a confused and urgent look on his furry features.

"I know it's not a good time, but Jack... Emilia Seasons is here.." Bunny said as apologetic concern filled his voice as Jack stood up in a hurry and rushed past North and Bunny, muttering a 'thanks' in the process. Bunny looked at North, "What's his problem?" He growled, his Australian accent coming through more so then before. North shrugged before following the frantic winter spirit to Tooth and Emilia.

"You lied to me!" Jack yelled as he ran up to Emilia, pushing her shoulders so she slammed into a tall wooden pillar.

"What are you--" Emilia started, her voice pained and shocked as she looked at Jack in surprise and confusion.

"You said Pitch was after me!" Jack yelled, his deep blue eyes glazed over with tears threatening to spill over at any second. His gripped his staff tighter as Emilia opened her mouth to say something, but Jack cut her off. "Sandy is dead! It should be me... If Pitch is after me, why is Sandy dead and not me? Why..." Jack yelled, but his voice and heart losing its anger as it slowly drifted off towards sadness again. He finally sunk to his knees, letting the cold tears fall from his eyes, landing on his pants and the cement beneath him. The room became deathly silent as the guardians, elves, and yeti's realized Jack's words and their meaning.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry Sandy was killed, I'm sorry that I confused you and I'm sorry that my father has hurt you.. all of you. There is no amount of words I could say to show you how sorry I am..." Emilia cried, tears falling from her emerald eyes staining her face.

"It's not your fault, Emilia. How could you have known about Pitch's plans?" North said, trying to ease the high tension in the air. Emilia shrugged, having no idea what to say or do, except wrap her arms around Jack's cold shoulders, and hug him close. Jack didn't refuse or push her away, he just sat there, silent sobs escaping his pale lips. It took several depressing moments for anyone to move, but Bunny finally did, hopping over and standing on North's technical board.

"Lighten up, sad sacks! Easter is tomorrow, and I need your help!" Bunny said, his Australian voice slowly escalating. 

~AA