Prologue

"Jotaro, why don't we turn on the radio? It's so boring driving in silence."

"Do what you want, old man. You're the driver."

*Joseph turns on the radio to hear Material Girl by Madonna playing*.

"Oh I love this song! Jotaro, sing along with me!"

"No, old man."

"CAUSE WE ARE LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD AND I AM A MATERIAL GIRL."

"Hands on the wheel, Mr. Joestar."

"Ah yes, th-thanks, Avdol. Ceasar would have loved that song. I just know it."

"Ceasar? Who was he?"

"O-oh. Just someone Grandma Suzie and I knew. He died too young."

"Alright then."

"Mr. Joestar, if I may ask, how old was he when he died?"

"We were the same age, he was 19."

"Oh. Sorry I asked." Kakyoin, said sorrowfully.

"Did you love him?" Polnareff piped in.

"I think I might have, yes. He was my best friend, it was just him, Elizabeth Joestar (my long lost mother), and I through that adventure."

"How did he- how did he die?"

"The same way his grandfather did, because of the Joestar bloodline. He went to fight this vampire that had tried to kill us, and he knew then that he wouldn't win. He got crushed under a pile of falling debris from the crumbling building. Elizabeth and I discovered he was dead when we saw his bandanna floating in a bubble. We- we saw blood on the floor. We just stood there and cried, knowing that these vampires were around."

"Enough with your tragic past, old man. We need to focus on looking out for our next enemy stand user."

"Ah yes."

"I have one last thing to ask, Mr. Joestar. What was it that you used to defeat those vampires? Did you have to study it? If you did, why did you stop studying it?"

"It is the skill of Hamon; life energy. I stopped studying it after Ceasar's death. It wasn't the same without him there. I still have the ability to use it, but my skill with it is nowhere near where it was in 1939, when I was 19."