Prologue

It was a chilly Friday night,

In a secluded neighborhood full of young couples

                                                      with children.

What happens when your parents are out of town?

You throw a party and invite all 

                                                      your friends.

Bring alcohol and drugs 'cause this party

is gonna be the highlight of your

                                                      whole summer.

That's what I, Keagan thought,  but oh boy was I wrong.

Everything was going smoothly, sixteen year olds were getting drunk for the first time and eighteen year olds getting their first "kick." I had vowed to myself that I would partake in none of it, I'd come to the party sane and clean and I'd leave the exact same way but I didn't, I lost a piece of my sanity.

My friend, Kayla, a beach blonde with stunning features decided to empty out a bottle of beer by chugging it down her throat and all over her clothes. As she finally finished it, she flung her arm in the air.  "Let's play spin the bottle," She was pretty wasted but she continued on. "But we also have to play seven minutes in heaven." Everyone cheered except for me, I didn't want to do it because last time I played spin the bottle minus the seven heaven crap, the boy ended up thinking we were a couple.

I ran towards her and grabbed the bottle from her hand and shouted out. "No, you guys are a little drunk... We should end the party early and I'll call you guys a cab."

They all started to boo and It kind of hurt, why was I expecting them to even agree with me? Kayla grabbed the bottle out of my hand and shoke her head at me. "Nope! We're playing." She then proceeded to go upstairs and everyone followed her except Aiden and I.

Aiden is my best friend, has been for about four years now. I met him when I was twelve, I was just starting seventh grade at a new middle school and he was my partner. He had to show me around and help me with anything that I needed help with. I was really okay with that because he was pretty good looking and to this day, he still is. I ended up having feelings for him but I pushed it aside and focused on us just being friends, He was only a year older and about five inches taller. I don't regret meeting him, I hadn't had a guy best friend since everyone got separated after elementary school. He was really odd though and a real bad liar, that's why people didn't want him at the party because he'd probably tell about everything that had happened if someone were to ask a simple question like, how was it and did you have fun?

He poked my arm. "Should we follow?"

I groaned and I knew I was doing the wrong thing but I ended up walking up the stairs and joining in on the game. Most of everyone was in Kayla's bedroom, sitting in a circle on the floor.

"Oh, we've been waiting for you two!" It wasn't Kayla who said it, it was Cassandra another one of my friends. Well, I guess they were the only two female friends but Cassandra? I didn't think that she was into that type of stuff.

"Well, we're here now!" I put on a fake smile that could fool anyone and took my place next to some dude with real bad acne, I just hope the bottle doesn't land on him when I spin it.

Aiden sat next to Cassandra and that's when Kayla spun the bottle. It landed on a chick who I've never seen before, she had a pudgy face and when she spun it, it landed on a boy with red hair. They both got up and went into Kayla's closet, everyone was watching the clock and waiting for seven minutes to be up. When it was finally over, Kayla walked towards the door and opened it, the two that were in there were still sucking on each others face. Everyone started laughing and spilling out "ewws"and "gross".

It went on like that after several people got chose, I hadn't gotten chosen yet and that was fine by me but I spoke a little too soon as the bottle was spinning it stopped next to the pizza face kid but it was as if the wind shifted and it slowly rotated towards me.

I groaned. "Why?!?"

Kayla laughed. "Spin it!"

I did as I was told, I spun it. I felt like it was just going to spin for ever the way it was going but it didn't, it stopped at Aiden.

Something caught in my throat and I couldn't breathe, the only thing that came up in my mind was, why have you forsaken me? in your eyes forsaken me, in your thoughts forsaken me, in your heart forsaken... me... Gosh, I thought the world had my back.

Aiden looked at me and shrugged, he mouthed. "Let's get this over with." I nodded and stood up and he did too, while we were heading towards the closet, everyone cheered and wooed while Kayla and Cassandra snickered at us.

We finally reached the closet, he went in but I hesitated. Kayla yelled out go already, I sighed, went in and closed the door behind me.

It was pretty dark in there but I found the light switch and hit it. Her closet was neither big nor small, but I think it was big enough for me and a couple of other people to dance around in.

I looked at Aiden and smiled. "So, what do you want to do?"

He looked down at me... that's what you get for being short, I thought. "Well, we don't have to do it."

"I guess." I was tracing Kayla's clothes with my finger. "But you're a bad liar and they'd know we didn't do jack!"

He grabbed my arm and looked at me. "I just don't want things to change between us."

I looked at the arm he was grabbing. "I guess."

"Is that all you're going to say?" He was now looking at me again, his bright green eyes burning right through me.

I looked up at him and he finally let go of my hand. "It's just... its a little too early, maybe too late to say..." I looked down at our feet, he was wearing vans and I was wearing flats.

He picked my chin up, so our eyes could meet again. "To say what?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "That I love you."

He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in. "I love you too, Keagan." 

We kissed, not a quick peck kiss, it was one of those passionate kisses, the one where it means a lot to you.

I don't know how long it lasted but I heard the door knob turn and we both separated. We acted like nothing happened and everyone believed us because they didn't ask questions, all they saw were the expressions on our faces and that was good for me.

It's been a year since it happened and we haven't talked about it since but I think we both know there's something... something that's there. Yeah, it's invisible and you can't see it but you can feel it like, when we accidentally brush arms, when we look at each other, when we talk. It's obvious, well to me. I don't know how he feels about it, about us. We don't act differently around each other, it's like it never happened but since that day I haven't been the same thanks to that stupid game "Seven minutes in Heaven."