part 1/1

Its grimy fingers wrap around my body and pull me into the darkness.

I struggle to release its grip and watch as the light fades away replaced by an empty abyss.

It keeps me there, unsure of its identity, tied by a rope that I cant break.

"Why am I here?" I think to myself "What happened?".

The rope cuts at my skin indenting what I can only imagine is blood and pain rips through me. But then it snaps. I look into the darkness searching for the light and venture back where I came from. An escape. I'm finally free.

As the light comes nearer and nearer, my hope arises and all I can think of is getting out. But the grimy fingers hold my body once more and slowly drag me away from the light I was so close to living.

Deeper and darker, it plunges me further and further down and ties me back up adding tape to my mouth.

"You cant escape" it says "Never never never"

The ropes pull tight around my wrist and blood trickles out the sides dripping to the floor. I can feel his draining machine- pulling, tugging the life away. Then it stops.

Something slides along the ground and halts at my feet. The ropes drop and I lift if up- a gun.

"No, I know what youre doing" I say "I'm not going to do this".

Instantly the ropes are tied once again and my feet are clamped harshly together. The ground caves in underneath me and I fall, deeper and deeper into darkness. I hit the ground with a thud and the ropes all tighten. I scream in agony and plea for it to stop but it doesn't- it just gets tighter and tighter and I can feel pools of blood circling around me. Another object drops down from above me and lands on my chest. My hands are released. I feel the object to find it's a bottle of pills.

My head spins and the darkness surrounds me still.

"I shouldn't, there will be a way out"

What feels like days pass and I lay on the ground, not a movement.

I open my eyes to see a bright light spilling in beside me- a door.

My ropes are untied and I stand cautiously. The area is silent and the light showers me in feelings of freedom. I walk toward the door feeling assured I have found a way out. The door frame passes behind me and I come to a stop at the edge of a cliff.

I smile knowing I beat the devil and take a step further.

"I win"