Sad Smiles

The wind whips the girls long hair around , a soft sigh escape from her lips with a slight tremble. She turns around to face the large grounds of the manor. The grounds were one of her favourite places to be in her spare time especially on a beautiful spring day like this. The girl took in the scene of the large stone brick manor one last time before turning away and walking into the woods.

The girls long auburn hair danced in the breeze that was flowing through the tall oak trees . She clutched onto her dark green shawl closer to her body as she headed deeper into the forest . She knew leaving the manor was for the best as it would only cause her more pain and upset staying. It wasn't that the head if the manor was cruel and beat her but it was her heart that would hurt more if she stayed . A small sad smile graced her lips as she thought about there and him . At the manor she was just a normal scullery maid who just so happened to live there since she was eight when her mother worked there . The previous lord of the manor was a kind man who understood that the girls mother needed somewhere to work but also look after her daughter. The Lord allowed the mother to keep her daughter in the manor , only if when she was able to work she would work for the manor.

Before the young girl started to work properly around the manor she would just do bits and pieces like taking the newspaper to the Lord or bringing different items that he requested. But one thing the girl would always remember. Meeting him. He was the Lords son a handsome young boy who was kind to all he met. She still remembers when they first , she was dusting the shelves to help her mother and the other staff . Her mother told her to wait in the study room until she came back from cleaning the other rooms . As the girl waited a young boy walked into the room with a cheeky grin holding a finger to his mouth signalling to be quite as the panicked voice of Miss McCartney called out for the young master .

A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she thought her fond child hood memories and the first time she met him and how one cheeky grin had changed her life.