intro

The heart monitor was like thunder in my ears. Every little sound it made, made me want to scream and smash the machine. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that it was the only thing letting me know he was still alive. His finger's twitched and his breath laboured. It didn't surprise me though, he had been doing it all week. He even mumbled a few words. One sounded like my name but the nurses here... They've told me to loose all hope. Their words are starting to rub off on me.

I kept telling myself that I have to stay strong for him. My eyes started to flutter. Twenty six hours of no sleep was tiring. I had to count. I couldn't sleep for too long incase he woke up.

My eyelids started to become heavier and heavier. As if someone was dropping tiny weights onto them. My eyes started to become dry and itchy.

When my eyes finally shut they were forced back open to see Tyrone's body jolting up and a singular word left his lips before his body crashed down against the mattress.

His voice was croaky and deep. His throat sounded dry and painful to speak but the word bounced around my head. The only word to leave his lips. Was it the only thing he was thinking about in his months slumber?

The only word was a name. My name. "Sasha."