Deadly Insight

• Dedicated to To the amazing writer Rick Riordan and Cassandra Clare that inspired me to write

Prologue

Pain shot up his leg as he collided with a trash can. He silently cursed himself for being so loud. It looked like he ran into a alley, behind a strip of restaurants. 'I have to warn Ivan and the others,' he thought not slowing his pace. Instinctively he took a quick glance behind him.

There was no one there just the knocked down trash can and the intimidating shadows. Not feeling any safer he ran faster. Suddenly, car headlights turned on in front of him cutting off his path. He quickly turned around only to find a gun pressed on his forehead.

The gun went off before he could scream.

Ch1 Supposed Daydream

My eyes flew open as I began to process what I just saw. Did I faint? I thought to myself. No, I was still holding a tray of food in my hand and was wearing my stained, white apron. If I was in a dream I wouldn't be working in the crappy diner earning minimum wage, as I usually do.

It seemed so real. I saw the boy struggle to get away. I even heard his thoughts before the gun went of.

"Hey are you alright?" Said a familiar voice behind me. I turned around to see my best friend Jaquie. Jaquie has been my best friend ever since I could remember. She was wearing an identical apron and had her long black hair pulled in the usual ponytail. Her orange eyes seemed to almost glow against her dark skin.

"Umm....Yeah, I'm good." I lied not really wanting to explain my supposed daydream. Jaquie then nodded suspiciously and turned around to take someone's order. I sighed and began to walk toward the booth at the end to give them their food. As I got there I placed a hamburger in front of one of the boys. He looked up and smiled.

It was the same boy from the vision. Shock went over me like a wave. He had they same long blonde hair wanting to get into his eyes and blue eyes. He even had the same scar on his left cheek to confirm it. I must have looked the same way I felt because confusion swept over his face.

"Are you ok? You look like you want to pass out." He said slightly amused yet still confused. I felt my face flush as I nodded slowly trying not to pass out. I quickly placed everything on the tray on the table and walked as fast as I could to the bathroom.

I seriously had to be dreaming. I walked in the girls bathroom heading towards the sink. I wasn't soon until I was dumping cold water in my face waiting for something to change.