Lost One, Gain Another.

Toriel's P.O.V.

When Frisk left my home, it broke my heart to see them for the last time. They were so polite, so nice, and so naive. I think a little reading will clear my head. *half an hour later* It's no use. I can't get Frisk off of my mind. I should go to where I met them for the first time for some closure.

When I got there, I saw the flower that terrorized Frisk. I wonder what it was doing. "Howdy, I'm Flowey. Flowey the Flower. You're new to the underground aren'tcha?" As it said that, I saw a human child no older than four, nod. "Golly, you must be so confused. Someone ought to teach you how things are run around here. I guess little old me will have to do. Wait what are you doing? Hey don't pull on me." I walked up to them.

"How did you get down here little one?" The child looked up at me.

"Moo." I look at them with a smile as I pick them up.

"I'm not a cow, my child. I am Toriel, Caretaker of the Ruins. What is your name, little one?"

They looked at me as they tried to say their name. "Mic-hael?" He tried to reach my horns with his little arms.

"Now my child, my horns aren't for small hands. Let us be off." As we were leaving, I heard Flowey say something.

"This isn't the end of Flowey. Remember this kid. In this world, it's kill or be killed. You won't last a week down here." His voice started to fade as he went underneath the ground.

"Hopefully we won't be hearing from that creature any time soon." I look down towards him as he stares in awe at the Ruins. "Michael, do you like cinnamon ,or butterscotch?"

He struggles to speak again. "B-b-budders-s-scotch?" He does stutter a lot. Maybe in a year or two he could get over it.

"Hold on we're almost there. Two more rooms to go." I notice that he is sleeping on my arm, snuggling into my fur.

When we get to my home, I set him down in the chair then go to the kitchen. He said he liked butterscotch, I guess I will make him a butterscotch cinnamon pie.

As the pie was baking, I went to check on Michael. When I got to the chair, he wasn't anywhere near it. He could be anywhere.

I looked everywhere for him ,and he was nowhere to be found. That could mean two things. He is either playing a game, or he's downstairs at the exit.

I went down stairs to check, and he was going through the exit. I have to stop him before he get out.

When I got to the door, he was trying to close it behind him "What are you doing, my child?" He looked up with tears.

"F-f-frisk." How did he know that name. "B-b-big S-s-sister. F-f-follow." He's trying to get to Frisk.

"As much as it pains me to see you like this, we could follow Frisk." He started smiling. "But you need to stay with me." He nodded.

"Stay with mommy. Got it." He started to reach up to me.

Mommy? He probably thinks of me in that way because I called him my child. I guess I could be his mother til he gets back to the surface, but Frisk also called me Mom. I don't know why but I'm starting to feel like they don't have parents.