w a r n i n g

N O T E

only this chapter will be written in lowercase . the rest of the chapters will be written in the format of most other books you see .

W A R N I N G

the title is deceiving ; this story is more of a thriller / mystery than a romance book

inconsistent updates ( varying from a week to 2 months )

overly-pessimistic views

A U T H O R ' S
N O T E

if you're not afraid of being disappointed , i dare you to continue

E X T E N D E D
S Y P N O S I S

inspector zachary parker was a happy man , once upon a time . he led a blissful life - had the perfect , beautiful , caring life , and the cutest daughter on earth who never failed to make him smile .

but all that changed when his wife and daughter were brutally murdered when he was away on a business trip .

inspector parker changed his occupation to become a private investigator - determined to find the murderer.

three years and counting , the culprit was still nowhere to be found .

-

valerie hale is now a grown woman , and after countless applications , she has finally become an official inspector .

it was her dream since she was a little girl .

at first glance , valerie might just seem like an over-enthusiastic adult who has entered adulthood recently .

but that's not the case , she's already twenty-five , and she has a tragic past .

a tragic past that is linked to inspector parker .

when they finally meet , parker and hale realize they can help each other to achieve their own goals .

will the mysteries haunting them finally be unraveled ?

are they ready for the truth ?

read on to find out .