Winged Creatures AU Chpt. 1

Explanation; In this AU, everyone has a pair of wings. The wings are a metaphor for innocence, sins, and emotions. Everyone in this alternate universe has a pair of wings, but the wings depend on what type of person they belong to. Whether or not the characters can see the wings is debatable.

White wings with feathers with a few hints of gold reflect a pure heart, typically free of sins, or they can belong to someone who has sinned, but feels terrible about them. Typically, these wings are only seen on infants, those close to death, or the rare person who feels bad for all of their sins.

Black wings that appear to be made of ripped fabric or ripped, old, fragile, and tattered curtains, reflect evil, or cruel intent. They typically have a bat-like structure instead of a bird-like structure, with "fingers" made of bone becoming the frame for the wings, as the fabric cannot support itself like feathers. These wings are rare in their purest form, as they represent a high amount of sins with no regrets, and typically belong to those who have killed or are incredibly selfish, exploiting or killing others for their own gain.

Grey wings, typically with darker grey feather tips, represent sins, but not evil. These wings usually appear after a child first lies, or when someone does not feel remorse for a sin or wrongdoing. These are the most common wings, and they are typically found on the everyday adult. These wings have a rougher feel than the downy white and gold wings.

Dark grey wings are not as common as grey wings, but still seen everyday. They usually belong to someone with no respect for others, bullies, perverts, or just people who have no manners and are rude on a daily basis. These wings are typically missing a lot of feathers, like a bird who over preens, revealing a lot of skin.

Bare wings. These are incredibly rare. These wings typically used to belong to white wing bearers, but they represent a broken soul. An innocent person or kind soul who was torn apart by others around them, typically dark grey wing bearers. These represent a broken mind and being, usually from being pushed to the emotional or physical limit. Torture victims most commonly have bare wings, or almost bare wings.

Wing colors change based on personality or actions. If someone lies, or considers sinning, their wings with become darker, a darker shade of grey or black. When someone becomes evil, or falls to the darkness by defending or siding with someone evil, typically a lover or child, their wings will lose their feathers, leaving behind the tattered rags of the black wings, usually in a dark grey color. The more evil they are, the darker their wings become.

The bigger the wings, the more weight someone carries on their shoulders/the more pressure they are under.

Current wing status for the currently used characters;

Aleene; Light grey-Grey Onix; Light grey Basket; Grey-Dark grey Maggie; Grey

This chapter takes place when Aleene is nineteen, three months after her mother died.

**WARNING GORE**

*Present*

Aleene was sobbing, her wings flapping, threatening to hit anyone who comes close. Horus walked in, his black, fabric wings folding to fit through the door, their massive length making him look much scarier than he would look otherwise.

Aleene looked to him, her massive wings stopped flapping for a moment. Horus pushed past her, and Aleene began to sob as she screamed at him. "Damn you, Horus! I need you right now! Do you not see my anguish!? My grief!? I need your help, and you're pushing me away!", she screeched, punching him in the jaw as he took her words in. He felt the first wave of guilt he had felt in a long time wash over him. "I loved you, damnit!", Aleene snapped, and Horus gasped. "What!? You loved me? I... I loved you too... No, I still love you. D-Do you still love me?", Horus asked, and Aleene paused. Then her shock turned to more anguish. "Yes! Why do think I've never had a relationship!? I've waited for you for so long Horus!", Aleene sobbed, and even Horus began to cry. Both of their wings drooped in their sorrow, the tips of Aleene's feathers hitting the floor, and Horus' fabric dragged on the floor as he walked over to her. He fell to his knees in front of her, and looked her in the eyes.