The Day I knew You

I slammed my fist on the table. Hearing so much noise pisses me off! This is so horrible! Why do they have to talk with a loud voice when they are just inches away!
I stood up and head the way out of the classroom. Sheez, what a mess they have there. "Ate, isang 78 degrees nga."
I lazily walked through the hallway, I yawned as I passed the registrar's office. I remembered I still have my balance to be payed. What a hassle.

"Hi ate! Anong pangalan mo? Irregular ka? ..........."
I sighed as I heard their loud voices once again. I started to walk to my seat when I noticed one familiar face, I stared at her for a long time until she recognized me. I saw her eyes became large. "Nex!" And all of a sudden she jumped at me like she was some sort of a ball that clings. Crazy Miyo. "Oy, kumusta?" I asked, and here we are again at her long stories.

***

"Bakit ba kailangan pang pumunta ng bahay niyo? Grabe! Buti sana kung may ipapakain ka sa akin." I said whining all the time we are walking. "Nex, may ipapakilala nga ako." "Sino nanaman kasi?" "Basta. Kung gusto mong makasama sa grupo nila, magpakabait ka. Buti nga naalala pa kita at naalala kong gusto mong makasama sa singing group, choirs, chuchu. ........bla bla bla..." I never understand the next statements. My heart skipped a beat. A singing group. Finally.

***

"Here we go!" She said as she opened the doorway of their house. As if she was much excited than me. I heard a drum beating loudly. A music of the piano joined the tune. A guitar was strummed to follow the music made, an angelic voice was next heard singing. "OMG!" Miyo ran and I followed her to see a band performing their practice. "Kuya! Nandito na!" A guy with a guitar and whose holding a microphone turned his head to see Miyo. "Great." He jumped off the mini stage and went over to us, he was a tall guy with a bit dark complexion. He smiled at me, "Kuya, meet Nex Lardo, Nex, meet my kuya Lizz Quintero." "Nice to meet you, welcome to the club!" He said offering a handshake.

***