Chapter 1

[Ralph]

I look at her, and she looks at me....

I can see the look on her face and it makes me feel.....weird inside and outside.

I mean when she looks back , my hands become all...sweaty and I start talking to myself in a weird way. Even if I know I don't have a chance with her...I still believe we can be together.

But tell me honestly, will a popular princess like her, ever fall in love with a nerd like me?

"Please fall in love with me , please fall in love with me, please fall in love with me, please fall in love with me......."

Was that me? Woah, I sound so desperate.

Desperate for her, that is. You want to know the reason why I like her so much?

Well I guess it's about time I told you.....She was my very first crush.

Back in fifth grade when I first saw her, she was just new.

And our principal told me to show her around our school. She had beautiful dark hair with dark blue highlights, and she always wore knee-length socks that always match her outfit. Always.

And she also had those eyes that always sparkle when she looks at me.

Also, I love how she talks, her voice always plays a music in my ears and her lips...how should I start? I always wanted to brush my own on hers. But...a dream's only a dream.... And not all of them come true.

"Thompson?!?" Mr. Baxter?

Uh oh, that's me and I'm caught daydreaming in class....Again!

"Ralph Thompson..."

Oh no here it comes...

"This is the fifth time in the week, daydreaming, seriously!"

Then I saw the look on his face,"Who ya daydreaming 'bout, kid?"

Okay....this is not a question I want to answer right now,....Sir!

"Er.......my mom?......."

First I hear a snicker, then a snort, then the whole class laughs.. What did I do now? I blushed

I always hated it when the class laughs at me. For God's sake it's only first period!

Geez...

"It's okay kid,...I daydream too...."

Really? I thought I was the only one!

"But never on my mom!"

The class laughs again!

"Well that's a mean thing to say about your mother!" Said a girl's voice "Don't forget she took care of you, fed you, and gave birth to you!" June?

"YOU JUST GOT BURNED!" Someone shouted. Then the class laughs again.

Rrrrrrrrrinng!

That's the signal, first period is over. Finally! I thought.

Then a hand slipped into my arm."Hey..."

"June?!" What was she doing in here? I mean I like that she finally noticed me, but why now? 

"Oh...um...hello?" She giggled, then I thanked her

"Thanks for standing up for me..." She said  "You're welcome. I owe you for showing me around the school."

Wait..she remembers that? " Oh,...um yeah...that." she giggled again, what's up with girls and giggles?

"Well I have to go now, second period is gym,..see ya!"

"Uhuh....yeah..bye!" I called back.

I spent the next hour in Mathematics also daydreaming about her....also the next period,...then lunch.....the next one...and the last class too. So for the whole day I daydreamed. But I also want her to daydream about me.....
[June]

Will my friends make fun of me if I fall in love with a nerd?

I know he's out of my league, and my parents will think I'm crazy if he is the guy I like, I don't want to be bullied, I just want to be free, by hanging out with the people I want to hang out with, not the people my parents pay just to hang out with me! (Of course not all of my friends are "fake friends") but just imagine, if I date a nerd will my friends.....leave me? Thinking I'm a nerd too? I don't want to be classified as a nerd or geek or....dork! It's just so embarrassing!

A while ago, standing up to him gave my girls a clue that I like him. During lunch, the people in my table  (who are mostly rich kids) were acting all normal and "richly" until Savanna Samson said that I like a nerd!

Of course all of the people sitting in the table looked at me like I'm a dirty gross booger in the boy's locker room! They were all waiting for answers,..so I told them that I don't like him, at all.

But one guy sitting in our table knew I was lying, Brent Cambert, he said liars always go to hell so I said I'm not lying, but he still said I was lying!

So I stood up from the table, walked out of the cafeteria, and watched boys from other tables swoon for me, I was used to that....then I hid in the bathroom until fourth period..and when school was over, I waited for my driver-who was twenty minutes late to pick me up from school, and I went to my room and cried.

I checked my calendar and then realized it was tomorrow, a Saturday. A no school day. At lease nobody will see my red nose! Then they'll call me a red-nosed rich kid! Talk about embarrassing!

My other best friend, Blair was great at comforting people, but comforting isn't what I need now,it's.........him.

"Woah..." wait did I just say...him? As in Ralph Thompson him?

Oh....no...no...NO!

Yes..yes...YES!

But another voice in my head said that.

If I go out with him, the school's headlines will be all June Drakes falls in love and is dating a nerd! So what are you geeks waiting for woo her! It's that simple and she'll want to marry you!

Oh...no..no..and NO!

That will never ever happen...EVER! Well I hope it won't happen but I don't like, like anybody as a crush but...him. Oh..if only he were popular just like me and we can be together......hmmmmm..maybe there is such thing as forever...