CHAPTER I: The Infection

It was an average spring morning at school. The students filled into the school to get ready for first period. The grade 12s had exams coming up soon. The grade 11s had some major science projects due. The seniors were in a state of hectic rushing, struggling to study and work. But the students did not realize that their fate would change forever. The first period ended, and the students let out into the hallway. They walked to their lockers to acquire their things for next period. While they were getting there items, a huge explosion erupted from outside and destroyed the B-Wing. All the students started screaming and scrambling towards the closest safe exit. Will and Max were thinking the same thing. Find our friends and get the hell out of here. Will and Max ran around the school looking for Marcos, Fin, Kevin and Lelani, Maya, Amy, Markus, and Kimberly. After an absolute exhilarating run, they finally gathered them up and stopped for a team meeting. "What the frick just happen-". Markus's sentence was cut short by the moans and groans of the 50 students limping down the hall. I saw one of the grade 8's stroll up to one, and was taken by the student and was eaten alive. All of us stared in shock as they gathered around and ripped him apart, eating everything down to the bones. We all immediately realized we had to get out. So we turned and ran; but there was more at the other end of the hall. Amy pointed out a classroom and ran to the door and opened it. "Quick, get in!" she yelled. We all dived toward the door and shut it with a crash. Marcos and Fin immediately jumped up and started shoving desks against the door. The rest of us were just in shock because of the events unfurling before us.

As the students were going crazy, trapped inside of the classroom, Maya plotted an escape. "Why don't we scale the side of the school down to the parking lot?" Kimberly responded by saying "We could use the earthquake support beams to help us climb down.." Everyone finally came to an agreement. They would scale the school down to the parking lot. The tables against the door started to make a slight scuffing noise against the floor. That was their cue to leave. Kevin took a chair and threw it at the window. It didn't crack. Kevin picked up the chair and slammed it into the glass, sending it shattering onto the parking lot. Fortunately, there were only two zombies in the parking lot. "What do we do about them?" Kevin asked. "We will deal with that when we get there" Will said. After half an hour of scaling the wall, the two zombies lay on the ground, with their heads mushed on the concrete. Kimberly was the last to climb down. Just as she exited the window, the door burst open, letting the infected students inside. "Oh SH-" Kimberly managed to say before her quick decent down the wall. The dead tried to follow but ended up falling out of the window, crash-landing on the ground. Kimberly almost made it to the ground when a passing zombie grabbed her leg and yanked her to the ground. There was a moment of silence before we ran over to help her get up. She yelled in pain as she got up. Fin bent down and touched her ankle. "Sprained." Marcos pointed out a school bus nearby and we decided to take it. That was the last the 7 ever saw of the school.