Chapter 1

"Alright, I'll see you monday?" Olivia asked as she popped her head into the room. She lifted a brow expectantly.

"Maybe" I answered without taking my eyes off of the PC monitor as I searched through my files.

I heard her shuffle in the hallway as she walked off, leaving an almost un-audible "Seeya" as she opened the door to exit the Graphics department.

I sighed and looked at the time displayed on the bottom right hand of the screen. It read 3:51 PM. I had 9 minutes till I had to go and I urgently needed to print off my Geography controlled assessment.

Suddenly a loud noise perked up my ears. It sounded like a distant turbine of some sort.

I turned around towards the doorway, only to be met with Ching Ling, the janitor that cleaned the graphics department.

My heart started beating as she slid into the room.

That sound...it was terrifying.

The 10 year old hoover was sucking up specks of rubbish with the roar of a jumbo jet. And that jumbo jet was definitely flying through a hurricane, or a monsoon, or both.

I snapped my head back towards the monitor. I clicked the print button with such force I could feel the wooden desks vibrate slightly. The hoar of the hoover was turning into the most horrifying and ear trembling sound as Ching Ling waddled closer to my corner of the room.

She got so close to my shaking figure that I could feel my skin peeling off towards the suction of her maroon dyson. She knew what she was doing to my body, she had to.

"I sorry" she mumbled as she scraped the mini jumbo jet across the floor and under my chair, picking up bits of dirt and my pencil I had dropped earlier on.

The machine clinked and roared as the object travelled through it's plastic tube and entered the spinning mechanism inside.

"Wait!" I shouted, my chest was rising rapidly as I stared wide eyed at Ching Ling's 3ft figure.

She couldn't hear me through the noise of the hoover, so she carried terrorising the floor below my chair.

"Ching Ling!" I screamed, and finally, she looked up at my terrified face and turned the thing off.

"What yu want big boi?" She asked.

"Please could you give me my pencil back" I pleaded, putting two hands together as I nodded towards the maroon dyson.

She nodded and started to bend over.

She paused, and then turned her head to look at me.

We both looked at each other, me scared, her expressionless through her slit eyes.

"I joke" she said. I grew confused.

Then she slapped the machine back on and grabbed the tusk of the beast.

"You never get pencil back."

And that's when I felt the extreme suction of the vacuum.