Chapter 1

"Hey,Raven," I call my bestfriend. We have been best friends ever since the beginning of the seventh grade, which would mean we've been bestfriends for about seven months. There are four of us,Raven,Kaci-lee, Nickeila and myself.

"Yeah?" She replies.

"What if when we get older the four of us go to the same college like NYU?"

"That would be awesome," she says excitement clear in her voice.

"What are you two so happy about?" Kaci-lee asks with Nickeila by her side.

"Yeah,what's with all the smiling?" Nickeila asks.

"Kerry-Ann just had this great idea that we should all go to NYU when we graduate high school," Raven says.

"Well we would have to save and get help from our parents but it's possible," I say to the girls.

"That really is a good idea," Kaci says with a bright smile on her face.

"It really is," Nicky says.

Four Years Later

"Kerry get up," I hear my big brother, Junior say.

"Nooo," I stretch the word and cover my head with my sheets.

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Because your starting college today," he chuckles.

"Five more minutes"

"I told you to go to bed early last night,now hurry up or you'll miss your flight."

"Fine," I groan out of frustration and get out of bed.

Raven's POV

"Drink some coffee you'll need the energy today," My mom says to me with a proud smile on her face.

"Thanks,mom"

"I can't believe my baby is going to college," she shrieks "I'm going to miss you so much," her eyes fill with tears.

"I'll be back on the holidays,mom and I'll call,text and Skype you everyday," I say trying to comfort her.

"What about me?" My annoying little brother asks trying to get some attention. I'm older by six years he can be a little annoying but I still love him.

"Same for you," I say and give him a big hug.

"Come on, it's time to go, are you sure you have every thing you need?" My mother asks while wiping her eyes with a tissue.

"Yeah, I'm sure, the girls said they would meet us at the airport."

Nickeila's POV

The drive to the airport is nerve wracking, since its the first time I'm leaving Jamaica. I'm not so nervous about college because I know that my girls will be there with me.

"Are you ready for The Big Apple sweetie?" My father asks bringing me from my thoughts.

"Yeah,I think so," I reply.

"Just know that you don't have to go to college if you don't want to."

"Of course she has to go to college," my mom says from the passenger seat. My dad chuckles.

"Okay,okay maybe she does have to go but she can always come back and go to college here." My parents continue to bicker over me going to college until we finally get to the airport.

Kaci-lee's POV

I try to take slow and steady breathes as I walk to the checkout counter but nothing is working. What if the girls and I end up hating each other when we get to New York? What if we end up homeless and living in the streets? I'm so nervous but as soon as I see the girls relief washes over me.

"Ready?" Kerry asks. We all say our goodbyes to our families and board the plane.

A/N

Hey guys I just need to know what you think of the story so far I'm not sure when the next update will be out because I have to focus on school but I'll try to update as soon as possible.

- Lee xx