Greta and the Forest Inspector

Greta giggled as Phalle pulled on one of the princess crowns on display. They were out shopping for the day and had wandered into a toy store. Greta had pleaded to go in. "What are you doing, silly?" She asked, with a huge grin on her face. Phalle placed it on her head. "Crowning my queen." He said, bowing a little as if she truly were a queen. He smirked up at her and she held out her hand. "Well then," she said, enjoying the childish scene they were making. "That makes you my king." Greta glanced around and suddenly noticed the disgruntled look on a couple of parent's faces and took the crown off her head. "We should go." She said quietly, returning the crown to its original position. Phalle frowned slightly, looking down on her. "What's wrong?" He asked. She walked quickly to the door, and he followed. As soon as they were outside, Greta turned back to him. "I think we were being too loud. I didn't want to disturb the other people in there." The corners of her lips twitched as if she was going to smile but she didn't. Phalle reached out and Greta grabbed his hand and they started to walk again. "How about we go to the park?" He asked, squeezing her hand slightly. Greta shrugged and smiled. "Sure. I think all the flowers are in bloom so it should be beautiful!"

After a half hour of strolling and being cute, Phalle finally led Greta to a bench to rest. They sat down, Phalle thumping down accidentally and Greta softly settling down next to him. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "I'm pretty tired but this was nice. Thank you." She said smiling, her eyes remained closed. Phalle cleared his throat, and Greta noticed his demeanor change. She opened her eyes and sat up, turning a little so she could see his face. "Hey. I love you." He said, suddenly serious. Greta paused, worried, before replying, "Hey I love you too." It was quiet for a moment, and Greta stood up, facing him. "Is something wrong Phalle and you're not telling me? Do you have to leave for work? Why are you acting like this?" Her questions weren't demanding, but curious. Phalle looked up at her and then burst into a fit of laughter. "I'm sorry. It's nothing bad." He said, once he could talk without laughing. Greta tilted her head. "Then what is it?" Phalle stood up then, taking both of her hands in his and saying really quickly, "Ijustwaswonderingifyouwantedtomarryme?" Greta paused again, trying to decipher what he said and then looked at him, grinning. "Really?! You want to marry me?" Phalle put both his hands on the side of her face. "Yes, you. I love you and you've made me a better person and I want to spend every day for the rest of my life with you." Greta blushed, and looked down for a moment to regain her composure. She was shaking. She met his eyes and with a slight nod, responded, "Yes." He leaned down and their lips met in a simple, sweet kiss.