story of a young girl

This is a true story everything that you read has actually happened. No ones real name has been used in this biography. Please enjoy.

Story of a young girl

Raven, age 10, a few days after her first day of fourth grade. Reaching up stretching as far as she could to reach the light bulb that had flickered out just moments before, Raven unscrews it while trying to balance on a chair. But before she could catch it, the bulb had slipped from her finger tips shattering into pieces as it met with the floor. Raven sighing in aggravation and in disbelief that she had dropped it. She hears her mother yell from her bedroom "What was that!? What did you do now you ingrate!?", Raven sighed her next words, "Nothing, I got it". Her mother filled with anger demanded to know what had happened wether she had it or not. Raven sighed again and explained, "I just dropped a bulb, I got it!" Raven climbs downs the chair and gazes at the scattered glass. She kneels down to start picking it up but is mesmerized by the glinting shards laying on the floor. She becomes consumed with everything that she had been feeling and holding back. Everything that she buried deep and hid from everyone washed over her like a wave. She became angry and then started to punch the floor repeatedly. It was almost as if she had snapped.

Siting there in disbelief while blood ran down her arms, Raven had wondered how she had gotten there. Glass shards where stuck in her fists and fore arms. She started picking them out one by one. She then stops and gazes out the window. Then slowly whispers the words "Where did I go wrong?".