Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat Provides Quality Care Services To The Patients

Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat is a seasoned medical professional with specialization in the field of Trauma, Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery. He has expertise in all aspects of trauma surgery, ranging from the simple to the most complex of trauma cases. These include all emergency trauma surgery, external fixation and frame ring fixation for fractures, hip fractures, long bone fractures, all adult/paediatric spine fractures, including Halo application, adult/paediatric spine infections and others. He is involved with the teaching and examination of students, junior and senior doctors at various stages of their education, allied professionals, and theatre staff at local, national, and international level. He has the Oxford Teaching the Teachers Certificate, and is an examiner on the Miller FRCS course. He is a reviewer for the British Medical Journal (BMJ), Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery (JBJS) and the European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (EJOST).

In the arena of elective surgery, Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat is competent in performing elective procedures with significant experience in spinal surgery. He is experienced at carpal tunnel release, trigger finger release, wrist arthroscopy, trapeziectomy, trigger finger release, spine canal decompression, spine microdiscectomy, scoliosis correction – posterior and/or anterior and many more.  In 2008, he presented Femoral Offset and Neck Thinning in Cemented and Uncemented Hip Resurfacing at the European Hip Society, Madrid. His presentations at international level include New surgical technique for the management of Blount's disease at the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society, The range of movement of the thumb at EFORT, multilevel lumbar spinal stenosis decompression – Mid term outcome using a modified osteotomy technique presented at EFORT in May 2012.

His qualifications include Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (Trauma and Orthopaedics), membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) and B.Sc. Neuroanatomy honours. Dr. Mohannad Barakat GMC received distinctions in all years of the University. He is the recipient of several awards and honours in areas of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, surgery, anaesthesia and orthopaedics. He is a respected member of the community.