Cant Help It

Tap Tap.

I groaned and rubbed my head before sitting up and hearing the soft strum of a ukulele outside. I put on my Batman sweater and open the double glass doors to see my best friend Ryder playing the instrument he picked up 2 weeks ago.

I smiled stupidly and giggled as he began to sing "Can't Help Falling In Love" the Twenty One Pilots cover. When the part came for backup singers our friends came out and Christmas lights surrounded my backyard, my parents grinning goofily at me. As he sings the last note and strums a bit for dramatic effect i laugh along with all the others as he speaks loud enough for me to hear "Winter are you just going to stand up there or pretend to be Juilet and wait for me to recite my love ballad when I just sang for you?" I shake my head and squeal as I run to my backyard. I opened the sliding glass door and jumped into his arms, we stayed in embrace for a few minutes before he whispers into my ear "Will you be mine Winter? I've waited since the 5th grade and have been friendzoned more times than I have fingers in total and I just-" he sighs in frustration and I giggle before he glares at me with a pink tinge rising to his cheeks "Sh-Shut up! A-Anyway will you?" I bite my lip and click my tongue "I dunno Ryder all of this seems kinda heavy don't you think oh crap I left the tissues inside I'm tearing up a little." I tease and his lips twitch, I can tell he's hiding his smirk "Just shut up Winnie all you gotta do is kiss back and love me" I open my mouth to respond but his soft lips crash into mine and all I hear is cheering, also a "YOU SOOO OWE MY 20 BUCKS TYLER!!" From my best friend Ramona. We pull apart, smiling to each other before shaking our heads and enjoying our sweet "Newly Couples" party.