Prologue

It was an bright and early Wednesday morning. Amanda's alarm went off, it made an annoying beeping sound. Amanda open her eyes and yawn softy. "Ughh another day in college!" She thought. She was an A+ student, but hated college.
        Amanda got up from her bed and rubbed her eyes. Her long brown hair was an mess and there was dried drool on her face. She look at her bedside table and saw an picture of her and her mom.
       She smiles at the picture, it reminds her of her mom and her childhood. The picture showed her mom hugging her at an park. Amanda missed her mom, but knew that she would make her proud.
       After a few minutes, Amanda finally went to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. The cold water felt cool on her tan skin. She wiped her face with an towel.
      Amanda started to fix her hair, it was very messy. She tried to comb through her hair but not even half way through there was another bundle of knots. Once her hair was fixed she continued out the door.
      Amanda grabs her keys and reachs for the doorknob. Amanda turns her head to stare at the picture once more. She smiles again as she thought about the picture. "I'll make you proud mother, just you wait and see!" Amanda happily thought as she walked out the door.