Are You Afraid

I groaned as I scrubbed the blood off my sword harder than before and a knock interrupted my thoughts causing me to look up as a handmaiden knocked lightly on the opened door..

She averted her eyes when they met mine and didn't say anything for a moment.

"Yes"

Her eyes snapped up quickly hearing me talk for the first time since I'm known for being mute but they quickly looked back down as they met mine yet again then she nervously said.

"The King has requested you Commander"

I stared her for a moment.

"Are you afraid of me?"

I decided to have a little fun with this, she took a second to answer still not used to hearing me speak but shook her head timidly.

"Come in then and make sure to close the door" I commanded

She hurriedly did what she was told and put her eyes to the floor once she was done, I tossed my rag and sword to the side on the long table with my other weapons my eyes still on her.

The slight clash of metal causing her to flinch slightly then I placed my hands on my knees that were covered by my trousers.

"Come here"

She took a few steps still staring at the floor.

"All the way here"

She slowly walked toward me until she got in-front of me and waited and I looked her over then shot my hands out, grabbed her hips and pulled her to me which caused her to yelp and place her hands on my shoulders sitting on me, eyes wide and she strutted looking panicked.

"My lady this is deemed inappropriate!"this caused me too smirk and pull her closer.

"By who?"

She was about to respond when a knock interrupted her causing her to look back and try to get off of me.

"By who ever is knocking on the door"and I turned her face back to me by placing my hand on her cheek.

"Are you afraid?"

She started saying

"What does that have to-"

"Are you afraid?"

She looked into my eyes.

"No"

A knock interrupted this time even louder but I was keeping her eyes on mine while slowly leaning in and our lips were only a centimeter apart when the knocking started again only this time way louder and way longer and I groaned/growled and gently pulled her off of me into a standing position.

Walking to the door in big strides, I harshly swung it open, causing it to slam in the wall loudly and the two guards to noticeably jump.

"What do you want" my voice an eerie clam not caring about being mute

They gulped together in sync.

"The King has quested you, saying that it's urgent Commander"

I sighed and left the door opened, turned my back to them and walked over to my half cleaned sword, sheathed it in my belt then took some black paint and smudged some more on my already painted face.
I walked over the handmaiden and pulled her close by the waist, she looked up and I leaned in close and whispered.

"What's your name"?

"Eva"

I nodded and pecked her on the lips causing her to blush then let my arms slip from around her, nodded once more then turned and walked out with the guards on my feet, the handmaiden closing my door as she left.