CHAPTER 1

"Useless!" screams mum. "Fat, ugly, lazy!"

Scared, I run to my room, pack my bags and sneak out through the back door." Oops," I thought. " I forgot Scarlet."

Probably now you are thinking that Scarlet is me pet dog or  something. But,no. Scarlet is my blade that I named after the colour of blood. My blood.

Eyes moist with tears, I glance at my house. One last time.

I have been planning the day I am leaving home since I was 5. Except, when I was 5, my plan went something like:

STEP 1:Sing and call Fluffy, my unicorn.

STEP 2: Pack my bags with  fairy dust and unicorn horn shavings.

STEP 3: GO!

Now, my plan goes something like:

Step 1: Save up till $100.

Step 2:Pack my bags with food, clothes and Scarlet.

Step 3: Leave a long heartfelt letter that probably won't be read anyways(I guess that means you can add some vulgar to it lol)

Step 4:Once all steps are ready, plan out which day to go or go on moments notice.

See? Big difference,huh? I was originally supposed to leave this weekend, but, moments notice, mum got insane!

My dad passed away recently of cancer. He hates me more than my mom does!

After he died, mum went berserk and faulted me for his death. Looking at the number of slash marks and whip marks(made from both mum and me),mum probably hated  me from birth.

After hours of walking, the sun began to set. Exhausted, I sat down and took out Scarlet.

I looked around. There was no sink or clean water to wash my wounds when I would be done. Disappointed, I kept Scarlet into my bag.

I then slept on a bed of God knows what and started dreaming.