Chapter 1

It was almost ready; only one final member was needed. And Alex was determined to find her—it was a girl from what he sensed—which was why he was at Bill’s Grocery Store. Alex could feel that she was somewhere nearby. He continued dodging shopping carts as he searched for further clues.

                                                                                ***

       Adrianna Hamilton was looking for the brand of canned corn her mother had requested. It was just her luck that they didn’t carry it at Bill’s Grocery Store. This meant that she would have to bike out of town for it. Adrianna sighed, wondering why her mother had to have this brand just because it was Jeannette’s favorite.

      Adrianna shook her head and turned around the corner, basket in hand. Unfortunately, someone else was turning the same corner as she was. As the two bodies fell to the floor, Adrianna’s basket slid down the aisle.

      “Omigosh, I am so sorry!” She exclaimed as she offered the guy that was on the floor a hand.

       “No, it was totally my fault.” The brown-haired boy took her hand to stand up, but paused halfway.

      “Something wrong?” Adrianna dropped her hand from his, slightly creeped out.

      “No. Nothing. Sorry.” Alex stuttered. “I’ve got to go.” He quickly rushed off.

      “Whatever.” Adrianna grumbled as she continued on, grabbing her basket on the way.

      But Alex had just raced over to the fruit portion of the store, pretending to examine several apples. He was careful to keep Adrianna in sight at all times. He had finally found his last member and wasn’t about to lose her.