Chapter 1: The Start

Hello. My name is Grayson, and uh I'm a pretty normal kid. Of sorts. I'm 15 years old, and I have no friends. I know. What a whimp. But that's not the point. I'm here to tell you a story. My story. No it's not a bullying story, and it's not about me trying to kill myself. So please sit back and just listen.

          It started roughly around two months ago. The month of January. A rather cold January. There was snow and slush everywhere and it wasn't fun to walk through. I live in Canada so the weather is typically bad in the winter, but this January was the worst. It was just like any other day, beside the fact that it was freezing, and I had just got home from school. I was just heading over to my off-white cupboards where the cereal was kept. As strange as it sounds, that is probably my favourite thing to eat. But not that disgusting sugary stuff, I rather the plain sort. Like the multigrain ones. I know. Gross. It's oddly satisfying to me. But anyway, I was eating my cereal, enjoying every bite, when I noticed something. Something weird. Something oddly hovering over my dad. He was reading the newspaper in the other room. His face stern. Almost angry looking. The glow was like an aura. It was bright green. I stared curiously. But then turned away. At first I thought nothing of it. It was probably just a glare. I dipped my spoon into the milk and pulled out a spoon full of shredded wheats. I crunched down on the spoon sucking up every last bit of cereal remaining on it. That's when my mother walked into the kitchen where I was sitting.

"Grayson honey, could you take out the garbage please?" She asked politely. She really wasn't asking. Because if I said no, she would have made me do it anyway. I looked over at her. I was about to mention that I was enjoying my food, and that I'd do it later. That was when I noticed that she too had an aura. Hers was green as well.

              "Uh mom?" I asked cautiously. "What is that?" I asked pointing just above her head at the aura.

               My mother looked all around her in confusion.

             "What are you talking about?" She laughed.

              "That thing! Right there!" I said raising my voice in a non angry way, still pointing above her head. "Dad has it too!"

               My father looked up from his paper with his eyebrows raised.

               "What non sense is this child of ours getting on with today?" My father said sarcastically glancing back down at his paper.

                 "I'm not kidding! That right there!" I said, except pointing at my fathers head this time.

He just rolled his eyes, then kept reading the paper.

At this point, I had no idea what to think. I was confused and a little frightened. So, I googled it.

                    I opened up my laptop and waited for it to load. I searched up "seeing auras" .

                   I watched the search results pop up like wildfire. I read in fear what my rare condition had in offer....