1 [Old]

A forest.

The sound of a dog barking.

The smell of wilderness and flowers and fresh air.

The feel of the soft fur of a dog.

The taste of a sweet cherry.

The sight of a sunset going down the sparkling, clear, blue lake.

She didn't know it, but one day, it would all change.

It would change.

A neighborhood.

The sound of cars honking and alarming.

The smell of a car's pollution and marijuana.

The feel of leather while sleeping.

The taste of plain tomato soup and potatoes.

And the sight of her, watching a sunset, standing next to two boys. One with black hair, and the other so very dark brown hair it looked black...

Cancer woke up. She sat up, now sitting a leather black couch. Her soft blanket, a pink with white spots, was now on her legs. She looked at the clock.

7:11 PM

'School starts today!' Cancer thought as she got up and picked her clothes she set the day before. A sleeveless gray loose t-shirt with a mickey mouse head design in it, blue jeans that was a bit grayish on the knee joint, and a pair of black sneakers.

She quickly walked to small bathroom that she and her mom used. A few minutes passed by, and Cancer walked out of the bathroom, all ready to go.

7:25 PM

She went to the small kitchen and got a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, getting a bowl and pouring some milk, she added the last ingredient to a decent breakfast: the cereal.

"Honey, is that you?" a tired female voice asked, then she revealed herself. She was wearing an over-sized light gray shirt with black sweatpants, her brown with blonde highlights hair was ruffled and messy.

"Mom, go back to bed, I'm only getting ready for school. You should go back to sleep, you know your work starts at 12 'o clock." Cancer begged her mom, and pausing herself from eating the cereal.

"Cancer dear, I need to take you to school, just wait and I'll get ready." Cancer's mom, Ava, yawned and headed towards the bathroom.

"Wait! Mom, I can walk to school myself, it's a 15 minute walk." Cancer told her mom. Cancer's mom turned around and murmured.

"I suppose, stay safe and try to make some good friends." Her mom said as she peered at Cancer. Taking her hand, she kissed Cancer's forehead and went back to sleep in the bedroom.

Cancer went back to eating her cereal. 'Uh, it's soggy now.' she thought as she didn't really bit into, but had the feel of a milk-soggy cereal in her mouth. 'Well, I can't afford to be picky, knowing that we're poor and all...' Cancer said in her mind, eating the soggy cereal without complaint.

After finishing the breakfast, she brushed her teeth, washed her face and left her home.

~ Time Skip ~

Cancer had arrived at the Highschool. She looked at the sign that said "Hartfield High." Cancer took a deep breath, and headed forward to the office, where she was assigned to get her paper to know her periods.

As soon as she got her paper from the office, she went to the quad and many people were there.

There sere some girls jumping up happily as if they hadn't seen each other for a decade, a group of boys who looked like they were troublemakers, a couple hugging each other and then sharing a very passionate kiss until a teacher interrupted, and a group of 6 boys and 5 girls.