The Story

My friend and I swayed on a swing dangling from the big oak tree that rested in the center of my 10 acre yard. Swoosh! The wind blew our hair back making the smell of new spring drift into the air. Pixie, the oak tree's buds start to pop into vibrant colors. Full of life and excitement for the ladybug season. Lilly and I jump off the tree swing and race to the end where the fence blocks us in. Lilly gives me the look and I give her the eyes back. We know this means it's game time. "What should we do first?" She Asks. I tell her I think we should play in the corn maze and see who gets out first. On the run, I trip over a stump to discover a small furry tail poking out from the ground right beneath a rock. I grab the pure white tail and find a ... bunny!?

   When we lifted him out from the small hole, his eyes were shut closed and his arms rested beside his cheeks. After a few seconds, he jumped up and spread his legs out. His eyes wide open. They were so big, I could see the little details that lined his eyes. His little nose wiggled and his tail seemed to curl up into a rolled up spiral even though he only had a small nub. He squeaked, then shut his eyes and fell back asleep. He felt so soft like silk and he was as cute as a button (they could get). He had so much fur, he looked like a big cotton ball! Big, fluffy, white, and soft. His eyes were as black and shiny as a marble. Although he looked big; under all that fur, he was just a tiny, baby bunny. Lilly and I decided to take care of him until we found his mama. We took him to the workshop and started to trim all of his fur. While doing this we made up the name Juniper for him.