The other side

As the days went by all I can do is think about those words..."Don't worry I'll see you again. I promise." 

"Sweetie come down, time to eat," my mom shouts as I wake up."Good morning Amanda!" I yelled. As I got up from my bed I picked up my diary. I opened it to read what I've been writing down since last week. "I will always love you",  being repeated over and over up to five pages long. I closed my diary and went downstairs to the kitchen. As I walked in the kitchen I see my mother looking at a old photo of my father, "You look at that everyday Amanda," I say to my mother, thinking about what said, I realized we both have a problem. 

As I finished eating I see my mother dressed decently as if she were going to a meeting. When I see my mother dressed like that I usually don't question it, out of curiosity I asked, "Amanda why are you dressed like that?" She opened the front door and said, "I'm just going out to eat with  couple friends, don't worry I'll be back before 9:00 pm-"Wait!" I yelled stopping my mother from finishing. "I thought we were going to the movies together at 5:30 pm, we already bought the tickets." We looked at each other silently waiting to see who will start talking first."I'm sorry sweetie but I bought two tickets because I thought maybe you'd like to bring a friend with you". My mother's words baffled me,"What are you talking about we just moved here recently."She looks at me and leaves without a word to say. She looks at me before she shuts the door,"I'm sorry." I walk up to the door to lock it. As I went upstairs back to my room I look at the time," I have the whole day to myself." I said to myself. 

Hours pasted, the only thing I've been doing was looking through my old texts on my phone."Awe, I'm gonna miss you dude <3," the last thing my best friend Catherine said to me the day I left. I went to my ex's conversation we had together. As I kept reading tears began to run down my face, I looked at the last thing my ex said to me, "Don't worry I'll see you again. I promise."  I put my phone down and started to cry. I rested my head and began to fall asleep.