Chapter 1

I rounded a corner into town square. The market was bustling as everyone in town was attempting to get their share of traded goods . I on the other hand, was running for my life. A pair of royal guards had caught me stealing a cake and were now chasing me through the village. Am I going to get away with it? Yes. Yes I Will. "Hey kid!" Yelled one of the guards chasing me. "I'm fourteen!" I yelled turning a corner. Up ahead a friend of mines cart blocked off my path. "Morning Bellvadier I greeted doing a one armed leapfrog over his cart. "Nick?" He called stunned. I laughed with glee turning a corner knowing I've lost the guards, when I ran into an object like a stone wall causing me to fall backwards. "Your under arrest for attempted thievery!" Said a gruff voice and I looked to see the guards aiming their spears down a me. I did the only thing I could think of. I burst into tears. The guards looked shocked for a second but quickly recovered. "Ma'am?" One of the guards asked. "Are you okay?" I sobbed harder and clutch ed the packaged cake to my chest. I *sob* just *sob* wanted my friend *sob* have a cake on his special day!" I choked out. I was playing these guys like a cello and they wouldn't have noticed it if I slapped them across the face. The guards lowered their weapons and looked nervously at each other. "I guess we could let it pass....." the shorter one said uncertainly. "Oh! thank you!" I gasped hugging him. I let go and picked up the cake, "I best be getting this home!" The guard  I hugged shook off his shock and smiled, "Of course, Farewell Ki- He caught himself. "Lady". I walked further down the village till they were out of sight and started giggling and wiping my "tears". I admit it was nice to hug someone but I got more than a hug from the guard. Smiling devilishly I took the golden files out of my pockets and examined them. There was writing on one side that read ; To the Queen of Amdishia. I raised an eyebrow and tucked them in my pocket , I would have to show them to Bellvadier at the festival. I swore under  my breath. I had completely forgot.