Fossil Fighters, My Story!

'My Story and the Introduction

Lilly Adrian Browne, that was me. I started out as a city girl, born in the big city of New York. Then I received word of a new island out in the sea called Vivosaur Island. The Richmond Foundation was founded there, and within months, Vivosaur Island finally had a Fossil Center, where excavation of fossils happens, a Fossil Stadium where breathtaking battles took place, a hotel named Relic Hotel, where Fighters and vacationers stayed, the beautiful Richmond Building where Mr. Richmond resided and worked, a Police Department where justice happened, a Fossil Guild where news and a shop was located, and a Junk Depot, where unneeded junk was thrown to and categorized. Now, they had finally completed the Fighter Academy. I received a letter from them, explaining that I had been one of the five new fighters to go there and learn the art of Fossil Battles. I pleaded to my parents who immediately said yes. Now that is where I was now.

Chapter One: The Boat Ride to My Destiny

I stayed on the dock, waiting for my ferry to come and pick me up. It seemed ages before the majestic cruise came into view. One other girl was on the deck, looking out into the sea. Once the cruise halted, she walked away from the railing. The cruise came close to the dock and stairs led up to the entranceway. I picked up my suitcases and walked up the stairs. A lady greeted me with a warm smile and then led me to my room. "Lilly, right? Your room for the ride to Vivosaur Island is room 2, next to Rosetta Richmond's room." The lady said. "Who's Rosetta Richmond?" I asked her. She looked at me, shocked. "You don't know who Rosetta Richmond is? She usually goes by the name Rosie, but she's Mr. Richmond's granddaughter." The lady explained. My jaw fell to the floor. "Really? I never knew." I said. "Well, have a fun time. The deck is available for use. It should take us 7 days to reach Vivosaur Island after picking up all the students. By the way, I'm Wendy. I also work at the Fossil Center, but since no vacationers or fighters are on the island, I'm working on the cruise currently." Wendy said. "Well, thank you Wendy. I appreciate it. Is it okay if I call you when I need assistance?" I asked. "Yes, feel free to." Wendy said, and then walked away. I looked at the key she had given me, then stuck it into the handle, disengaging the tumblers, allowing access to the room.

It was a deluxe room, large and roomy. Pictures of the island where framed and neatly hung from tacks in the wall. I looked around the spacious dwelling and saw a neatly made bed, complete with a comforter and sheets. A few feet away from the bed stood a mahogany table, and on the middle shelf stood a 32" Plasma screen TV. A doorway leading to the bathroom was over to the right of the TV. I placed my suitcases down by the mahogany dresser and then decided to go to the deck.

Once I reached the deck, I saw the same girl as I did when the cruise pulled up to the dock. That's probably Rosie, I thought to myself. She turned around and saw me. She smiled at me and walked over. "Hi, I'm Rosie." She said once she was within earshot. "I'm Lilly." I said as she approached me. "Well, Lilly, are you also attending the Fighter Academy? I sure am!" Rosie said with a spin. "Yes, I am." I said to her. "Cool, only 3 other students are attending. Let's hope we'll have more than 5 students in the upcoming months!" Rosie said. I inclined my head in agreement. "Well, Lilly, what do you say we go to the pool?" Rosie asked. "Cool, I would love to!" I said happily. We walked over to the poolside. I dived in and for the day, I played with Rosie. At nightfall, we had reached our third stop. I stepped out of the pool and slicked my hair back behind my ears. "Rosie, we've reached our third stop!" I said to her as I walked to the railing. A girl about Rosie and my age boarded the cruise. Rosie came to my side and looked at me. "We sure did. Well, it's about time we get heading to our rooms. See ya tomorrow morning!" Rosie said. She then turned and walked away. I followed her and then entered my room. I heard the door close next door. She's probably next door to me, I thought to myself again. I changed into some pajamas and then hopped into bed. I flicked on the television and watched some TV before falling asleep to the crashing of waves outside.