Dome

So yeah my name's Canis, I'm sixteen and the world I live in has been taken over by Zombies... So yeah it's pretty cool I guess, I can murder the fuckers in eighteen different ways including tearing their arms off and shoving them down their throats. The town's been overrun since I was five, eleven years bitches! And not a single scratch on me, okay that's a lie I'm covered in scars but my point is I'm still alive, that's an achievement in itself so. I remember when it all started, how I was so scared and confused, how my family left me behind, to die and how I learned to fight back. My first kill was when I was seven, the first two years I spent running and hiding, avoiding everything, everyone who ever ran by, all the help I was offered I turned down. Anyway my first kill... I'd came across an abandoned hospital, was out looking for a meal, hadn't eaten in two days and I was starved, little did I know a friend was waiting inside for me, he lunged at me as I rushed in for cover, I ducked and watched as his face slammed into the wall, blood threw itself onto my crumpled figure, in the corner of my eyes I could see a small scalpel, I reached for it and dug it into his skull so deep I could hear a crunch, I twisted it and watched as he fell before thrusting my foot into his head. And that's my first kill. Nothing much but enough to kill the cunt. Anyway I'm kinda in a bad situation, I'm cornered by God knows how many zombies and the only way out is off a four story roof where I'll probably fall to my death.

"Back off you crusty pricks!" I hollered pulling my gun to my hip.

They snarled in response. This should be fun. One charged dressed in a fire fighting suit, he screeched and tore at my face with clawed hands, they'd evolved over the past eleven years so they might have grown a few claws here and there. I threw the butt of my gun into his face and kicked him off the roof by throwing my foot into his leg, he lost balance and screamed falling back, a second rushed at me and I hit the ground rolling onto my knees and ducking it's swinging arms, more and more charged, I could see no point in trying to fight back so I jumped back, my arms swaying for balance as I landed on the ledge.

"Shiiit!" I called.

"Yo! Canis need a hand!?" A familiar voice shouted from below.

Looking down I saw Hya my close friend, he waved his arms, God he looked like an ant from up here, it's pretty nice to feel taller than him for once.

"Yeeeaaap!!!" I shouted closing my eyes and jumping back.

The feeling of falling took over, the air rushed to my head as my hair whipped around painfully in my closed eyes, I could hear Hya shouting curses under me.

"Canis you fucking retard!"

Suddenly my weight dropped and I crushed something under me, it dented as metal crunched, so I'm just gonna go and guess it was Leo's car, I'm screwed.

Oh hey I'm alive! Look at that! Now I'm scared to open my eyes and see the mess called my body, shit!

I opened one eye and peered down at my laying figure before snapping the other eye back to vision, my body seemed to be in one piece, coolio. I was in a sitting position, my butt in so deep in the metal my legs were near my face, I was folded like a chair, shit,shit, shit!

"Hya help me out!"

"Okay." He shrugged jumping onto the hood of the car.

He reached down for my hand and I extended it to meet him halfway, he used both hands to pull on my single one until he heard the twist of metal showing that the weight my body had once applied had been lifted. I thanked him and jumped down onto the floor watching as dust Ross from under my boots. It was good to know someone had my back, especially after all this time. I've known Hya since I was ten, six good years we've been fighting alongside our friends who'd also been stranded during the harsh stages of the zombie outbreak. My favourite thing about him is his reliability, he'll always have my back, he'll have anyone's back as long as he knows they need him, it's good to know I've got a friend like him.