Chapter 1

I arrived at school early; there are only four of us inside the classroom. I greeted them enthusiastically,

"Hi Shea, Veen and Zery!"

And they greeted me as well,

"Hello Glera! What makes you go to school early today? You sick?" they chuckled.

Crazy.

They're like that because usually, as in every day except for today, I come at school one minute before seven, or five minutes after seven. Yeah, like that. It's like my body's used to that set up, feels like I've been doing it for a long time.

I walk past them and occupied my seat which is in the last row, just one seat away from the window. It's just 6:30 a.m, why did I get up so early, eh?

Ah! I remember. I should have been sleeping until now in my comfy bed if my dipshit brother didn't wake me up so early just to let me pack his things; it's their field trip today. Where's my mom to do it instead of me? She's with dad, celebrating their anniversary, and surprisingly, they're not yet home this morning, and I wonder what they're doing. I WONDER!

So I got no choice but to wake up and be ready for school, that's why. Ugh.

My classmates arrived one by one and in just thirty minutes, our room is filled already. All seats are occupied, except for one.

This chair beside me.

The front door then vomits Mrs. Ferman, our adviser, and in just one blink, she is now reading the class attendance. Real quick.

"Mr. Waxrell, Kei?"

I looked at the chair beside me. He's late, again.

"Not here yet, Mrs. Fer---" I've been cut off with a voice coming from the backdoor.

"Present."

And then he sat beside me. His aura's always like this. Intimidating, quiet and... cold or whatever.

"Ms. Vernham, Glera?"

"Present!"

The class started. After discussing the lessons, Mrs. Ferman said we should group ourselves into two. 

Given that we're seatmates, I should ask Waxrell if we could be partners, right?

"Waxrell, do you have your partner?"

He got up from his seat and went to his friends.

How rude! He didn't even bother look at me! I'm freakin' talking to him!

I watched him talked to his friends, and now he's walking back here.

"Okay, we're partners. No choice." 

NO CHOICE? My blood level raised up.  It's like he's really forced to be with me, huh?!

I keep my mouth shut. I don't want to argue. He grabbed the activity sheet in my hands and did it on his own, as quickly as he can. I really don't get him, so I just let him do it all. If that's what he wants then he's my guest.

In just a couple of minutes, he gave it back to me.

"Done?" I asked.

"Obviously." He retorted.

Geez. What an ass. Can't he answer properly?

I get it from him and handed it to Mrs. Ferman.

"That's fast. You did it together with Mr. Waxrell?" she asked.

"Y-yes." I lied.

I can't tell her only Waxrell did it or else she wouldn't give me a grade! And besides, Waxrell insisted to do it alone.