Prologue

The mission had gone relatively well until the end. Everyone had been fighting valiantly and doing everything they could. But as always, lots of people ended up dying and giving their lives to the cause of fighting for humanity.

And Eren Jaeger had witnessed too much.

He had seen countless comrades die, whether they were close friends or not. He went into a Titan rampage and killed many Titans until he had physically exhausted himself to the point where he couldn't fight anymore.

Eren's Titan fell to its knees and collapsed on the ground. He emerged from the decaying corpse of the Titan then walked a few feet before collapsing on the ground from exhaustion.

"EREN!"

The Levi squad landed on the roof of a house that was a few houses over from where Eren had collapsed on the ground. All of the members in the squad watched with worried looks. Especially Mikasa and Levi.

Mikasa looked at the seemingly lifeless body of her adopted brother with wavering eyes that were filling with tears. She then pushed the trigger on her maneuver gear and began to rush towards Eren.

The squad watched her go. Meanwhile, Captain Levi just stood there in shock. He would be chasing Mikasa to get to Eren first, but he was frozen in his spot. He couldn't move.

"Eren!!"

Mikasa was just about to reach Eren's body when a seeming gust of wind passed her. However, it was only a soldier that was able to go faster than her. Captain Levi Ackerman.

Levi had been able to bring himself back to reality. He had sprinted off the roof of the building and activated his maneuver gear while in mid air. He constantly have himself many speed boosts so he could get to Eren first.

Mikasa stopped and stood atop a house that was right above where Eren's unconscious body was lying.

Levi brought the hooks back and landed on the ground before he ran over to Eren.

"Eren!"

Levi fell to his knees and took Eren in his arms. He brushed the silky brown hair out of Eren's eyes and looked at his peaceful face. Levi felt his eyes tear up.

"Eren..."

A tear rolled off of Levi's cheek and landed on Eren's. The boy's eyelids twitched and he slowly opened his left eye.

"Levi..."

Levi stopped crying and looked down at Eren with wide eyes. He gasped.

"E-Eren you're..."

Eren sat up and pulled the older male close to his body. Levi felt his eyes become overwhelmed with tears again and he laid his face on Eren's shoulder while he began to cry softly.

Eren rubbed Levi's back while he shook because he was crying.

"Shh Levi. I'm ok. I'm alive."

Levi continued to cry for at least ten more minutes before he calmed down enough. Eren pulled away from the hug and looked Levi in the eyes. He grabbed ahold of the raven's cheeks softly before placing a soft kiss on his lips.

Levi was a little surprised at first since they had never kissed in public. But he didn't care in that moment some he was too happy to care. He kissed back with as much passion and love as Eren was.

Mikasa fet her face become red with anger. She was gripping the handle of her blade so hard that her knuckles were becoming white. Armin noticed this and placed a calm hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down Mikasa," he said soothingly," just think it this way. You have said you always want Eren to be happy right? Well look how happy he seems to be right now with Levi."

"I know but..."

Eren pulled away from his boyfriend and looked deep into his silvery-blue eyes. Levi watched Eren as he laid his head on his shoulder. Levi reached up and began to rub Eren's head gently.

"It's okay Eren," Levi said in a soft voice," everything is okay. You can sleep if you want. I know you're tired and need sleep."
Eren smiled softly and closed his eyes.

"I love you Levi."

"I love you too Eren."

Eren's eyes then closed and he drifted off into a dreamless yet peaceful sleep. Levi checked to make sure he was still breathing and that his heart was still beating before he picked up the young titan shifter and made his way back upwards to the roof where his squad was standing.

The members of Levi's squad all looked at him with surprised looks. Levi looked at all of them before sighing.

"What do you all want to know?"

"How long?" Mikasa said darkly.

Levi looked at her and hummed in response.

"How long what Ackerman?"

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS SHIT?!"

Levi sighed and set Eren down gently on the roof.

"Eren and I have been in a relationship for six months now. It all started after one of our missions when he came to my office and asked if I wanted to go on a walk together. He said it was so we could clear our heads from the stress of the mission but he ended up asking me to be his boyfriend...and I accepted."

The members of squad all seemed to sigh with relief.

"That's a relief," Connie said," we all thought you were sick or something."

"Why would I be sick?"

"Well you were all of the sudden acting a lot nicer and happier, especially around Eren. You're never usually that way so we were all kind of worried."

Levi sighed.

"Well now you know I'm not sick."

Levi then picked up Eren in his arms and turned around before speaking to his squad.

"Everyone return to the top of the wall! You are to return to Headquarters!" Levi shouted.

"Yes sir!" The group said in unison before running off.

Levi stayed behind for a few seconds. He looked down at Eren and smiled softly before kissing the young brunette's forehead.

"I love you Eren and I'll always protect you. I promise."