Chapter One

Louis’s point of view

“I’m bored.” I blurted randomly. As expected, everyone is still glued on their phones. Harry’s obviously on instagram stalking who-knows-who, Niall must be tweeting fans, he does that a lot now. I looked at Liam who sat next to me, he’s skyping Danielle, I just talked to Eleanor and our time zones are different so I let her sleep. Zayn is playing something on his phone. He refuses to go back to twitter, I don’t know why, he doesn’t really talk about it but we didn’t want to pressure him, although, management insisted that he should keep talking to the fans. “Can we at least do a twitcam?” I asked, hopefully and to my luck, they all groaned in frustration. “Sorry, boo.” Harry mumbled, his eyes still on his phone. Curse phones, I know they’re essential but they’re so stuck with it, we’re using our day off doing…nothing. I wanna have fun! I’m Louis Tomlinson for crying out loud.

After insisting and failing, I decided to go to that usual site I visit when I’m bored. People call it Youtube. I call it the-site-I-visit-when-my-best-friends-ignore-me-tube. I typed the word: Video Diary. We used to do video diaries before but now, even if we wanted to, we can’t. I expected our video diaries to appear but, apparently, video diaries from this girl-band called Upper Beat took over the whole page. I decided to watch their video out of curiosity. I plugged my earphones in. Their latest upload was last night. 

“Hey, guys! So, we’re Upper Beat, I guess you already know that.” One of them said. Another girl squealed excitedly and everyone turned to her. “Can we go straight to the point?” She asked. “Our single is number one in the UK! We can’t really thank you, guys, enough! Nothing can make me even more happier.” The same girl stated. “Brielle, calm down.” Another girl snapped. “Sorry, I was just so happy.” The girl who must be Brielle said. Wait, did they say that their single is number ONE!? “WHAT!?” I yelled, I didn’t care if people around me are getting confused, I carried on with the video. “So, our girl here got something new in her teeth.” Brielle said. “Allie got braces.” Niall had braces. With a few more random jokes, stories and stuff, the video ended and here I am with my mouth hanging open. “Better close your mouth, you’ll catch a fly.” Liam said. “Now can you tell us what the hell are you watching?” Zayn asked eagerly with a bit of frustration evident in his tone. “Um, well, One Way or Another is number one in the UK, right?” I asked. Maybe they’re just wrong. If they’re wrong then that’s embarrassing in their case but…what if they’re right? “Well, the last time I checked it’s still number one but that was a few weeks ago.” Niall said. “Can you look it up?” I asked. “On it…” Niall said trailing off as he typed on his phone. His mouth hung open and he didn’t even have to say it. “What where you watching?” Harry asked. “WELL!” I started, frustrated. “I don’t know if any of you noticed but I was bored and none of you agreed to do something fun so I went on to Youtube and searched for video diaries and I found this band and their single is number one and crap.” I said with a monotone voice. “He’s right. The number one song in the UK is…The Best Day by a girl-band called Upper Beat.” I shrugged. This is upsetting. Our single lost to a…a girl!? Don’t get me wrong, girls are great but seriously? One Way or Another is like our charity song. It’s for other people and it loses to some girl-band I don’t even know! “Wow…” everybody was silent. I was bewildered for the most part. “That was harsh.” I continued. “Surprising enough to hear.” Liam stated with wide eyes. “Yeah.” We all shuddered in unison. “Basically, we’re still the best BOYband ever right?” After a few moment of silence I chose to spoke up for once in a while. “yeah.” Niall replied that eventually made me sigh in reply. “and they are the best GIRLband ever. So that wasn’t making any difference.” Harry told us a matter-of-factly as he ruffled his hair to the right side that will make girls to swoon over – for your information, I’m not included- “You’re right Harold. But let’s look at the brighter side of the world. We’re still famous. Because if we’re not, that would be the last thing I wanted to know.” I said, suddenly, the phone rang. It was Simon calling. Liam picked it up and answered, “Hello?” He called. “Um, yeah, what time?” There were a few moments of silence. “Okay, we’ll be there.” He assured. “Bye.” He finally said and hung up. “So, we’re expected at the studio tomorrow. Simon said it’s a surprise.” He said. I hope this doesn’t ruin my day.