Save the Castle

I sit on the lawn running my hand along the scales on his back, rough and spiked up in the middle and smooth but slightly jagged on the outer sides. They glow brightly in the sun, contrasting against the grass. My hair flows around me, shining with all its blondish-reddish might. My voice says his name, telling him how much I love him.

"Blaze, I love you. From the smoothness of your scales to your powerful horns, I can't wait until you turn human. I bet you're as handsome as daddy once was." I sighed and scratched his head. My daddy, the royal king of the town miles from here, was once the most handsome man on all of Climent, the planet I live on. He puffs a gust of hot air at my head, as his sign of appreciation. The sun is showing on the back of my head, signaling that it's time for supper. I tap Blaze's chin twice and he follows me through the meadow to the front entrance to my castle. There's two torches, and a giant arched wooden door with a black grate for a window and big knob. I step inside with my pet behind me, our feet clomping around. He slithers through the hallways, just barely managing to keep his tail straight.

When we arrive in the dining room, I hook Blaze on his chain, so he doesn't attack anyone, and I wander around, inspecting like I do everyday; it's my castle after all I can do what I want to it. "Oh Harold!!-" I call out, stretching his name "- Is supper finished?"

"N-not yet my lady Fiera! I-it shall be ready s-s-soon! I'll get back to it!" Harold, my cook, makes divine dishes, but is extremely nervous do to what lives here, what I can do, and what the king can do. My dragon could burn him to the ground and so could I, being a Fire Elemental. The king can put him through extreme torture until he eventually dies. He thinks that if he slips up like that one time two years ago I'll sentence him as a chew toy for Blaze.

I look around the dining room. The place Harold is, is the left corner, where there's a stove, basket, shelves in the walls, you know the works. To the right is the hallway. Over here is the dining table, stained a deep juicy red with the same on the chairs. The dragon's chain is hooked up to the wall next to it. There's a huge window overlooking my garden behind the table; it also views the sunset. A stone fireplace sat next to the window, burning with all its might.

"I-it's done, my lady Fiera! O-Ole!" He waved his hands around like daddy used to; he did that to make me laugh whenever I was a pouty princess. I make Harold do it because he looks ridiculous like that, not that I'm a pouty princess or anything. I heard that people in a country called Mexico did that. Strange customs people have on earth. Harold interrupts my thought by bringing over a big plate of food, and setting one next to the chair for Blaze. Harold is so terrified of my pet he can't be within five feet of him otherwise he faints.

"Hahaha! Thanks Harold!" He bows shakily, oles again, and goes to tidy up the kitchen. I dig into my food and notice how sloppily Blaze is eating. "Oh Blaze, you messy beast. It's alright though, we don't have any company for a few days." He grunts and slows down, glaring at me. I go over and give him a noogie.

***********

We walk into the library, which is big and grand and filled with lots of books and comfy chairs. I walk over to the large French doors, as my daddy calls them, and use my thin long arms to open them wide. They swing out slowly and give an entryway to the large wood platform. My dragon slowly stalks out and kneels down. I climb on his rough scaly back, and he jumps up high in the air. His wings flap wildly causing gusts of air to flow around us. My hair goes crazy and dances all around me. Blaze flies towards our moon, which is orange and glowing brightly. "WOOHOO!" I scream into the night, smile wide and spread my arms put wide like eagle wings. My shout echoes into the night, traveling for thousands of miles. I decide to get clever and start flames. Fire crackles from my palms as I concentrate and let the fiery fly out from my spread-out hands.