A Paragraph of Life for a Depressed Teen

It's those days that pull you down, further into your depression. Some you feel so numb that you grab a knife to help you feel, others you're in so much pain that you down a bottle to drown it out. Life becomes seemingly meaningless and you want to sever all ties and just lock yourself away, hiding in the depths of your room. There is your best friend, you slightly drag her down into the darkest depths of your depression. She is always willing to listen but you never tell her anything, even though you know she has dealt with what you are. The possibility of flunking school continuously crosses your mind, but one day you think, 'what if I just drop out and run away?' You've already been called a coward by a person who doesn't even know the slightest bit of difficulties you've experienced. She tells you of her own problems and you become slightly annoyed. Why does she wish to antagonize you this way? Why does she mettle in business that is not hers? Your family says that you don't socialize enough, but when you decide to just stop they can't see the pain that they caused. People tell you all the time that to get through life and to the happy parts of it, you must suffer. Is that something that we humans should face, that we should honestly experience? You get worse and worse, partying to keep the depression down. Parties have always caught your attention, the music, the dancing, and the flashing lights. But soon, the depression gets hard to handle, the scars on your wrist laugh, making victory of your loss. You lose the meaning of life, and forget what makes you happy. You sit there for days staring at a wall, a book, or the screen of your computer, not looking at what's in front of you. The depression has taken over and you're in too deep to be saved and finally you give in. You grew up learning that after death, there's a greater world that God has made for you. You use that knowledge to give you courage, the courage to die, and you take your life wearing a cross around your neck hoping everything you learned and believed was true...