Chapter 1 (unedited)

This was my spring semester my freshman year and I was single and not yet ready to mingle.I was just not in the mood for boys and I was certainly not ready for a relationship now. My grades were not what I wanted it to be and my parents were not particularly happy with me. Hmmm yup not ready for boys.
"Hey, Hayley,what's up? " my friend, carley asked me.
"Nothing, just thinking about my life" I said
"Well....." she shrugged "we are bloody late for class" she yelled
"Shit how late?" I asked
"Hmm well about 45 minutes"
"Damn we better hurry that professor scares me"
We then sped up our walking
"Oh hey Carls I saw zac today"
Yeah Zac was the guy Carley was obsessing over she claims she doesn't like him but I know she does.
"Oh where??" She said a little too excited
"Umm, when I was going back to the dorms this morning"
" did he ask about me?!?"
"Wow you really don't like him" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes
"Gahhd did he or did he not"
"Maybe"  getting annoyed "I really don't understand you girls boys boys all the time"
" Hayley honey, slow down we aren't going for a marathon" she panted "our legs don't move at the same rate dear"
Carley isn't what you call skinny she's a bit on the curvy side.
"Haaaa" she sighed " we are finally here... How late are we?"
"Umm 10 minutes till the end of class" I groaned
"Damn should we still go I don't want the professor to embarrass us"
He was fund of doing that to people that were late to his class.
"I don't think so let's just take a walk"
So we started walking around then out of the blue Carley said
"Let's walk through here I have a good feeling about this path like something good is going to happen if we go through here"
"Uhh, why not"
Such a weird girl.
As we were going I saw two boys approaching us, so being who I am and not wanting to talk to any boys I sped up my walking, but Carley stopped to talk to them and I was forced to go back.
"Um hi " said the taller one of the two "you girls are engineering majors right"
" how did you know?" asked carls
"Umm I've seen you girls in the building a few times" he said "my friend here is running for a post in the ESC, and he wants your vote tomorrow his name is David stoner" he said pointing at the shorter one
"Yeah sure" then he handed us each a flyer with his face and name on it.
"What about you aren't you running??" I asked
"Naahh that stuffs not for me"
"Oh ok " I said trying to hide my disappointment in my voice that this conversation might be ending.
"Ok then I hope we've got your vote" he smiled a heavenly smile that I think made my insides melt.
"Yeah sure"
The they walked away.
"Hmm he's cute" I said
taking Carley by shock she hen stopped walking and paused in the middle of the road as if she had seen a ghost.
"Umm Lee, what did you just say"
"I said he's cute"
"Who David?" She said raising an eyebrow at me.
"Ewww no, the taller one"
"Hmm yeah, maybe didn't really notice"
"Are you kidding be, are you blind or something?? Oh yeah you wear glasses" I laughed
"Pish posh he isn't as cute as Zac"
"Are you mad!! He's beautiful he's such a cute heart... My cute heart"
That made Carley laugh hard.
"We don't even know his name" she said
"Oh shit that's true, but I'm sure this wouldn't be the last time we see him"
"Hmm maybe"
Hmm cute heart...