Chapter 1

It was freshman year of college, things were going great. He had good grades he had managed to make some friends and was just generally happy.

Kai was doing some studying when he heard a knock at his door. It was almost 3:00 am so he wasn't sure what to expect but It better be good.
He opened the door to find his friend Kyungsoo.
Kai met Kyungsoo when he moved here to Stanford. They lived on the same floor and had similar interests so they kinda just became friends. It was a slow moving friendship though because Kyungsoo wasn't the most open person, it took some effort to get to know him, but Kai didn't mind.

He looked a but distraught. He was in his pajamas his black hair was sticking up in many directions.

"Hey I know this is a lot to ask but would you be able to drive me to the airport ? " said Kyungsoo

"Uh why do you need to get to the airport ?, where are you going? " he asked

"Well I just found out that my mom is in the hospital and you know for any local person that wouldn't be a problem but do you remember where I am from ? FUCKING NEW YORK. Anyway so I booked a last minute flight but I don't really have a ride and I know that you have a car so I figured I'd take my chances and ask" said the boy in panic

"Ok relax take it easy, everything is going to be ok. I will take you to the airport. Go get your stuff and meet me back here " he said

"Omg thank you so much your the best" said Kyungsoo with relief.

Kai got dressed and grab some essential needs.

A few moments later Kyungsoo knocked at the door again, this time he was dressed with luggage and all in hand.

...

"Oh shit man you've got to be kidding me, my flight got canceled and there aren't any other available flights going there for at least a week. WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DO" yelled Kyungsoo as he sat down next to Kai.

Kai waited back a little bit just to be sure everything went ok. Good thing he did otherwise poor Kyungsoo would be left at the airport.

"Hey it's ok we will figure something out, you will get to your mom" he said clasping Kyungsoos hand in between his. It was soft and warm.

"Thanks, but I just don't know what to do" he said looking over at Kai

Kyungsoo had this helplessness to him that just made Kai want to do anything he could to help. He had these big puppy dog eyes and a little pout that wasn't on purpose but just made it all the more worse. He looked so distressed Kai had to help
So he stood up grabbing his coat and Kyungsoos luggage and started heading to the door Kyungsoo following closely behind.
He threw his luggage in the trunk. Turned to him and said.
" You up for a road trip my friend "

End of Chapter 1