The Day We Met

The day we met

I fiddled with my headphones as I sat on the hard wooden bench outside the court room. I had done this hundreds of times before, I had no idea why I was so nervous. I had to testify in front of a court room full of hundreds but that wasn't the part that scared me. If I did or said anything wrong I could be the only setting a rapist, murderer free. That kind of pressure really gets to you sometimes. I was the arresting officer and I am almost certain that if he gets out he will come for me so I was panicking a bit and...

"Officer Chandler?" I looked up startled from my thoughts, into the depts of perfect blue eyes.

"Yes?" I replied hesitantly as I pulled my headphones out.

"Really, you don't sound so sure," he replied as a smirk crept up onto his face.

"I am certain that is my name, if that is what you are asking." I answered him more confidently.

"Good, because if you can't even answer to you name I do not know how you are expected to testify."

He had such a pretty face. It really pissed me off. Perfect shape, with dark blue eyes and jet black hair that fell onto his face all tied together with perfectly smooth skin.

I looked away and blushed, realising I had been staring.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" I asked a bit too harshly.

"Kyle William, the prosecutor for this case." He acted like I was supposed to know that. Well I didn't.

"Yeah so, what do you want?"

"I just came over to tell you that you looked really nervous."

I blinked a few times to see if I heard him correctly.

"Excuse me?"

"You look nervous and I need you not to be. You have to answer all my questions quickly and confidently for this case to end well. Got it."

Did I get it? Well yeah. Did it make sense? Of course. He was just coming over to make sure his job was done well and I didn't fuck up but for some reason he annoyed the shit out of me.

"I understand the importance of this case. Everyone does and I will not be the one to set this murder free, ok. So don't come over and start acting like your the hero. I was the one who arrested him remember."

That took him back. He blinked once. Twice. Three times. Then swallowed. Good. Wait is he smiling. Oh Hell no.

"Yeah, you seem tough barbie and I like you."

"How unfortunate for me and barbie really! I'm not a porcelain doll. I don't need you to help me and I'm not going to shatter up there."

"Well I guess thats my mistake. It's probably because your so beautiful."

Now I was the one taken back.

I was saved from answering when everyone was called into the court room.

***

"Silence. All stand"

I stood up with everyone else as the judge entered the court room. He sat down and we all followed. The judge then officially started the case by calling the accused up. I shuddered as I saw him again, his red shaved head, brown eyes and long hooked nose.

We made eye contact and he smiled. I quickly looked away into another set of eyes but instead of being harsh and unforgiving these eyes where kind and sweet and they seemed to asked if I was ok. Those beautiful blue eyes.