O N E - Juliette

I was surrounded by walls. Walls and walls of white. Even the tiles on the floor are white. I started to lean back on the bench I'm sitting on. Thankfully it isn't also white. This whole white theme is driving me crazy. Why did have to make me feel like I'm locked up in a mental asylum? They should definitely go for a homey motif.

I stared up to the ceiling, hoping and hoping and hoping. Hoping for a miracle. Suddenly, doors bust open and I looked back down and saw the nurses bustling out the hospital room. I rushed to the door they just exited from. From where I stood, I saw the doctor shake his head at my already crying dad. I stood there like my feet were stuck to the ground, only the long beep of the heart monitor filling my ears.

Something was blinding me. I tossed around the sheets that were wrapped around me. The beeping sound didn't seem to stop and the light didn't seem to stop glaring at me. I rolled myself around and finally opened my eyes, revealing my bedroom.

Nightmares. I haven't had them for a year now. For a second I thought it was real. I managed to finally shut my alarm up and decided to clean up this complete mess I call me.

I went down the stairs only to be greeted by an empty living room and the smell of bacon and eggs. "Mrs. Warners, do you know where dad is?" I asked our housekeeper/cook. "Good morning Juliette. Your dad received a call earlier. He said he would be out for a while. Emergency meeting I guess," Mrs. Warners replied without looking at me.

Of course. Dad, always the busy guy. I'm happy that his business was still doing great even after mom's death. From other people's perspective, it wouldn't seem like he stayed awake at night, trying to fall asleep alone on a bed big enough for two. Trying to suppress all the sadness, to choke back the never-ending flow of tears. He tries to conceal it but I can see it in his eyes. The puffiness and redness of it. Mostly the emotion in it. It was like his sorrow drained out the life in his eyes.

If mom was still here with us, she would be so happy to know that dad didn't let his grief eat him away completely. He didn't forget about his responsibilities, especially Lauren and I. Speaking of, "Mrs. Warners, is Lauren still asleep?" That little girl wakes up  quite early and it's already around 9am. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. Your dad brought her with him," she informed me while setting the food on the table. Emergency meeting huh? I just shrugged the thought off and invited Mrs. Warners to eat breakfast with me. She has been working for us for so long already. I couldn't thank her enough actually. You could say she was like family to us.

Following my normal Saturday routine, I took Ellie, my golden retriever, out for a walk. I usually go for a jog before I do so but I opted for just a walk with my best friend. It would've been nice to take a jog, to erase the "trauma" from my recent nightmare.

Walking back home, a truck passed us by and halted just before our house. People started bringing out boxes of all sizes from the truck and dropped them near the house's door. "Looks like we have new neighbors, Ellie."

Dad and Lauren still haven't returned from their "meeting" when I reached home. Talk about suspicious. The house feels extra lonely today without their presence. Well the house felt lonely ever since mom passed but Saturdays without anyone else at home--except for Mrs. Warners and Ellie--feels so much different.

I went up to my room and called for company. The girls were away for the weekend so I proceeded to call my Romeo. "Hey Jule, what's up?" Dave, my boyfriend, answered. "You busy? Juliette is lonely and needs some company. Dad and Lauren's not here and so are my girls. You think you could pick me up?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. I opened up my door to the balcony to get some air in my room. "Where do you wanna go?" he asked, not answering my question. "Uhh, let's go parasailing? We can go next time if you're busy," I replied. "Never too busy for you babe," he chuckled. "Pick you up in 20." Gotta go get packed then. I sent a quick text to dad to inform him about my sudden plans and went to my closet to pick out some beach stuff.

I was already ready by the time I heard something being thrown up to my balcony. A rock probably. As I looked out my balcony, I saw my handsome prince looking up at me in all his gorgeousness. "Juliette, my love. I hath come for you. Let us run away together. Far, far away," Dave exclaimed, like he read my mind. I couldn't help keep the smile from invading my face. Before I could say anything, Mrs. Warners entered the scene and cut off the moment. "Hey, you can't run away with Juliette," she slapped Dave on the shoulder with her feather duster. "You are still too young to make a family-" This is embarrassing. Dave cut her off with the hearty laugh I fell for. He clutched his stomach and threw his head backward, laughter erupting from him. All I saw next were mouths uttering words, competing with each other in order to be heard. He seemed to be explaining what he meant to Mrs. Warners but I wasn't too sure since I dashed out my room and down the stairs.

Mrs. Warners was already returning to where she was cleaning, shaking her head but with a small smile on her face.  Dave then headed towards me and planted a kiss on my cheek. "What was that all about Romeo?" I teased as he draped his arm around my shoulder. "I couldn't help it since I saw this beautiful lady looking out from the balcony." Dave said, earning him an elbow to the side. "Hey! I'm only being honest," he defended, raising both his hands. "Hmm..to pardon or not to pardon?" I tapped my chin, pretending to be musing over my decision. "Having second thoughts on this? I thought you were better than that," Dave commented jokingly as he motioned his hand all over himself. "Actually, you're right. I am better than this. I shouldn't have thought of pardoning you. I only accept a requisite banner of knights in my kingdom," I replied, adding grace to my words. "I am awfully sorry, Your Highness. I would like to compensate by escorting you on a trip and go parasailing," he bowed. I smiled at his effort in playing along. "Let's go Romeo. You are now pardoned." I said as I slung my arm around his shoulders. Of course, I had to stand on my toes for that.

=========

Hello!! This is a new book I'm working on and will hopefully be finished. I had this story idea for so long and I finally posted a chapter of it! Yayy!! 

Still working on the second chapter btw! And hopefully I can add more content to my other stories. I am so sorry people! Anywayyyy I hope you enjoyed this first chapter!

Please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE TO YOUR FRIENDS and FOLLOW ME! (Just pick whichever you like to do. Not an obligation of yours, just saying! HAHAHAHA)

-G :)