Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat Is A Well-known Surgeon

Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat is a seasoned professional working in the field of trauma, orthopaedic and spinal surgery for many years. His qualifications include Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (Trauma and Orthopaedics), membership of the Royal College of Surgeons, MB ChB and Bsc Neuroanatomy honours. He is the recipient of several distinctions and awards in the areas of anatomy physiology, biochemistry pathology, orthopaedics and anaesthesia.

He is competent in all aspects of trauma surgery and has performed surgeries from simple to the very complex ones with great success. He has expertise in performing all emergency trauma surgeries, external fixation and frame ring fixation for fractures, hip fractures, long bone fractures, all hand fractures, ankle fractures, all paediatric fractures, adult spine infections and others. He has wide experience in performing elective procedures such as carpal tunnel release, trigger finger release, wrist arthroscopy, spine canal decompression, spine microdiscectomy, scoliosis correction, and others. He is also competent in the field of spinal surgeries.

In his career, Dr. Mohannad Jamil Barakat has gained significant teaching experience as well. He is involved with the teaching and examination of students, junior and senior doctors at various stages of their education, allied professionals, and theatre staff at local, national and international level. He has the Oxford Teaching the Teachers Certificate, and is an examiner on the Miller FRCS (Tr and Orth) course. He is a reviewer for the British Medical Journal (BMJ), Journal of Joint and Bone Surgery (JBJS) and the European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (EJOST).

Dr. Mohannad Barakat GMC is fluent in French and English. He has given several useful presentations at local, national and international level. Some of his presentations include Multilevel Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Decompression; The range of movement of the thumb; New surgical technique for the management of Blount's diease; Femoral offset and neck thinning in cemented and uncemented hip resurfacing; the long term outcome of bilateral hip surgery in severe cerebral palsy and many others.  He likes to play basketball, tennis, golf and splash recreationally. He also contributes to the social good and supports charities such as Cancer Research and Help The Aged.