Chapter 1

1

In the Beginning

            Thinking about her man, Spicy smiled as she belted over Alicia Keys’ voice singing the song “No One”, which was playing on the radio.

“Spicy...Spicy...EARTH TO SPICY!” yelled Kayla as she snapped her fingers in Spicy's face.

Spicy snapped out singing diva mode. “Damn, bitch what? You messin’ up my groove.”

“Bitch, please! You ain't at the damn Grammy's.”

Spicy gives Kayla the finger.

“Okay, enough, you two...” said De'ja calmly. “Can we finish eating?”

The three ladies were eating at an all you can eat soul food buffet restaurant called Southern Hospitality, which was located in the Delmar Loop. The weather outside felt great in St. Louis on that May 16th 2008 afternoon, so the ladies decided to have their lunch outdoors. De'ja was eating only a salad with low fat ranch dressing and a Diet Coke. Kayla had chicken-n-dumplings, macaroni & cheese, a slice of apple cinnamon pie, and homemade lemonade. Spicy had fried chicken wings, fried rice, collard greens, a piece of cheese cake, and a sweet tea.

Kayla looked over at De'ja. “Bitch, why the hell you eatin’ a salad? Oh, you tryin’ to lose some weight? Girl, you know you naturally thick just like me. So just eat and be happy.”

Kayla was strikingly beautiful woman, who that loved to speak her mind. Everyone told her she resembled singer/actress Jennifer Hudson. Her skin was Hershey bar colored that went while with light hazel eyes and jet black hair she wore like singer Kelis in her  ‘Bossy’ video. But what she mostly loved that she as a confident  size 14 and embrace  her curves in a tight-fitting black Baby Phat stretch wrap dress that showed her milky 38 DD breast and smooth legs with  Dolce & Gabbana patent platform sandals on her size 8 feet. “Gurl, I'm a size 14 and I know my ass is sexy enough to eat.” She stood up and started turning around and posing.

“Hoe, you ain't on ‘Top Model’. Sit yo ass down,” said Spicy, laughing, “and leave my cousin alone.”

Kayla sat down as she gave Spicy the finger. “So bitches, how ya'll think you did on them exams of yours?”

“Gurl, I didn't think Broadcast Journalism would be so hard. The teachers are so...shit, I don't know. They criticize every lil thing you do. Thank God it's summer so I can rest my brain and -”

“You only taking the summer off so you can fuck the shit out of Deuce,” said Kayla, laughing. “You both already got a five-month-old daughter. Don't get pregnant again.”

“I know yo ass ain't talkin'. And you know you gon’ be doin’ the same thing to my big cousin, Romeo.”

Spicy and Kayla laughed and high-fived each other. De'ja looked at them and cleared her throat.

 “Oh my goodness, stop talkin’ about ya'll sex lives and my big brother, Romeo.”

Spicy and Kayla laughed at De'ja.

 “Gurl, don't be hatin’ cause your Mother Teresa ass is still a virgin. If you’d just loosen your panties some your little kitty cat  let it breathe and really want  some dick. And you

might be able to have sex conversations wit me and Spicy,” said Kayla, grinning while taking a bite of the mac & cheese.

De'ja just shook her head. De'ja Perez was a quiet tomboy of the group, but if she only got out of the butch lesbian look only in t-shirts, baggy jeans, and sneakers that covered her 5’10, size 10 voluptuous shape people could see that underneath was a sexy 21-year-old half-black/Puerto Rican diva she really was light-skinned with dark brown eyes. Her long black curly  hair she always kept in a ponytail.