Feeder

Lilith POV

“Lilith!” My mother yelled from the foot of my bed “It’s time to get up!” I rolled out of bed and looked at the calendar. October 30th, my seventeenth birthday. Most kids get a car, or laid or money on their 17th birthday, I on the other hand can now be controlled by a vampire.

Let me explain. I’m a feeder, my blood, is more, advanced than a normal human shall we say. We get claimed by a vampire at any time on or after our 17th birthday. They feed on us, but can’t kill us, if they do they die as well. Is a feeder is claimed then that vampire can’t claim another, and no other vampire can claim that feeder. Also when a feeder is claimed they become immortal, and no longer age. Makes sense?  Well, anyway I got the feeder blood from my mom, my father is human. I knew this day was coming for most of my life. The only good thing is I can sense when one of them is around, and run. Right?.. at least I think. I turned around a to look in the full length mirror on the door of my closet, i turned to the side and examined myself all around I even flexed a bit but it was no use... “Yeah, I’m fucked.” With a huff i dropped my arms in annoyance, while I not a frail girl I’m not exactly athletic either, 5’2 and small, thats sums me up. I stared at my reflection and squinted my eyes a bit, with pale skin and raven black hair and blue eyes I guess you could consider me pretty, well I'm not ugly so yeah pretty is a good word, but with little curves average boobs and small.... assets I’m not exactly raking in the numbers.

With that said... uhh thought, I opened my closet to pick out something to wear. I threw on some black skinny jeans and a grey v-neck tee with my favorite flannel I stole from a box of my dads old clothes and the doc martens I stole from my mom’s and I was out, I walked through the house and grabbed my army green messenger bag of the couch on my way out I overheard my parents talking.

“Ana, just keep her in the house.” My dad spoke softly to my mom.

“Jay you know I can’t do that, they will just show up here like he did with me.”

Dad ran his hand over his face in frustration. “I don’t care she’ll be safer here than out there.”

“I can take care of myself.” I walked into the hall. They both looked at me in surprise. “I’m going to school. And that’s that.” I snatched my bag and stomped out the door. To be honest I was terrified, but I didn’t want them to worry.

I was about half way to school when my skin began to tickle, fuck one of them is around. I started to get a little paranoid. I started to pick up my pace a bit. Not today, please not today. “Feeder.” I heard a women growl. I broke out into a full sprint. I looked behind me no one was following, but I couldn’t stop I ran to my school. When I finally slowed down I looked around. Safe for now.

I pulled out my phone and texted my mom. At school and not claimed, love you.

“Lil!” My best friend Abby bounded to me. “Happy birthday babe!” She latched onto me. Abby was the opposite of me,  She was tall, about 5 foot 9, bright pin straight blonde hair, hazel eyes and bubbly as all hell. “I got you something!” She pulled out a small teddy bear. “Tada!” She sang.

“Thanks Abby.” I smiled holding the teddy bear to my chest.

“You excited for the halloween party tomorrow?”

“I guess.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Come on I got you a costume!” Abby dragged me to our class, history. “I’m gonna be a vampire and you are going to be a gypsy!”  She clapped her hands together and sat in her chair.

“I’m not getting a choice am I?” She happily shook her head as our teacher walked in. The feeling came back. “Vampire.” I murmured tightening my grip on my pencil. Mr.Ferguson must have noticed my scent because he looked dead at me. He was about thirty... in human years at least. He had dishwater blonde hair and almost black eyes. I swallowed hard.