Ashtin in the Land of SIlver Flowers and Tea Parties

Ashtin in the Land of Silver Flowers and Tea Parties

I am unbelievably bored. About ten minutes ago Michele told me she was going for a drink since we got here at the mall, and she still has yet to return! Tapping on my leg impatiently I look around for Michele spotting a head full of wavy dirty blonde hair I shout out.

A girl a few years younger than me turns around and looks at me funnily. Whoops! I guess that’s not her…

I dig my phone out of my back pocket and just as I’m about to hit number one on my speed dial, Devour by Shinedown blares through the speaker on my phone. I look at the screen seeing that it’s Michele! I quickly answer the phone

“Where are you?! What happened to being back quickly after going and getting your drink? I’ve been worried sick, woman!” I screech into the phone.

“Russ is here…” that’s all she had to say to get my attention.

“Where are you? Keep away from that bastard! You hear me? Make sure he doesn’t see you!” I pick up my bag while I’m telling her all of this.

“I’m over by Claire’s… just hurry! I think he saw me and I don’t want to have to deal with him today. Not after the whole break up…” She said quietly into the phone.

“I’m on my way.” I said quickly and then hung up the phone.

Claire’s is on the other side of the mall! I bet she remembered the cute scarf from yesterday and wanted to go get it… we argued over who had the rights to buy it and since we couldn’t decide I said neither of us could buy it. That little traitor!

I guess she can have it! That just means that I get to have the fluffy boots now! I keep hustling to Claire’s until I’m just around the corner of the store. I see Michele standing there with some guy who has a firm grip on her arm and looks like he’s yelling at her. Crap. That’s Russ!

I hall ass and jump onto his back, wrapping my arms swiftly around his neck into a choke hold. I kept my arms around his neck tightly until he broke his death grip on Michele’s arm. It was already starting to bruise over. Just like Russ to be all abusive like the dumb cow he is…

”What the hell are you doing?

“Talking to my girlfriend, you stupid whore.” He said to me in a firm voice.

 “She’s your ex-girlfriend, and I’m pretty sure that Michele has filed a restraining order that says you cannot be within at least a hundred feet of her. You’re going against that restraining order and can be put into jail. Just walk away and I won’t be forced to shove my Mountain Dew down your throat.” I growled at him.

Russ looked completely shocked of the words that came out of my mouth.

I grabbed Michele’s hand and dragged her with me away from the shocked Russ.

I dragged Michele with me back to the food court and sat down sipping on what little Mountain Dew I had left in my large foam cup. Michele sat down across from me looking guilty.

“You went to go get the scarf, didn’t you?” I asked her accusingly.

By the look on her face, I could tell I guessed correctly. Her expression was priceless.

“Well that means that I get the amazing fuzzy boots now!” I shout excitedly.

“Thanks for helping me Ash. You saved me back there. And yes… I admit defeat and allow you to get your fuzzy boots. Now let’s go get them! The mall closes in an hour or so.”

And with that we went to go search for my sexy fuzzy boots!

About an hour later Michele and I were on our way down to the lake with some ice cream we purchased on our way through town towards the lake. I’m currently enjoying my ice cream while Sierra is telling me a story her grandma told her the other day about some enchanted lake front that’s impossible to find for some weirdo reason.

“Grandma says that it can only be visited by the ancestors of this magical kingdom whose gateway lies on the beachfront. Even if you do find your way in by mistake, only descendants of the royal lineage can actually know where the gateway is. It’s hidden apparently!” She gushed with enthusiasm

Magical gateway, huh? That sounds like a load of bologna.  

“It’s not bologna… what if you were an ancestor of the kingdom! That would be freaking amazing!”

I’m guessing I accidentally spoke my thoughts again without realizing it. Happens all the time and I cannot stand it! I guess I just can’t help but speak whatever I think.

“You do speak your mind a lot! It’s a good thing though, Ashtin! It means you were blessed with a trait of honesty. You can’t hide your feelings!”

I give up…

Then next thing I know, I start to get a pull towards an over grown hedge right next to a really big oak tree. I walk up to it and looks closely… there’s a fence in between the oak tree and the hedge. It’s tine though. It doesn’t seem big enough for me to fit through, and in the blink of an eye the gate expands and pushes part of the hedge aside.

“You! How did you do that! It was freaking awesome!” Michele shouts in my ear.

“I have no idea…”

I open the gate and pull Michele through with me.

Inside there is a huge shoreline and on it rests a weeping willow. I see a boy lying under the weeping willow. He seems to be sleeping. I walk up to him with Michele behind me looking around with a gleam in her eye. I crouch down and am stunned by how good looking he is. His black hair falls into his eyes as he sleeps. His strong jaw is clenched in anger as if his dream frustrates him. His strong nose sits in the middle of his face right above his masculine lips. His shirt is tight enough to reveal his well shaped body.

I look at Michele and all I can say is, “Dibs!”

Michele starts laughing as she looks behind me. I look at her funny and then turn around. The boy is awake now! And looking at me with a wicked gleam in his eyes and a smirk to match it too! I can see his eyes now… they’re blue with a ring of green inside them. Wow.

I sit there and stare at him like a complete dork. I couldn’t say anything at all! It was really embarrassing. I heard a throat clear and came out of my trance. I had to thank Michele later.

“Hello there… my name is Ashtin Davis, and this is my best friend Michele. May I ask where we are? And what your name is possibly?” I mutter shyly.

He chuckled in his deep throaty way. Hot!

“My name is Channing. If you are who I believe you are, then you are on your way to Aliria.” He said in an unrecognizable accent.

Wait…Aliria??

Hey it’s Lindsey! Thanks for reading. So I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave comments, or vote! Love you all! Thanks, and I’ll upload soon! J