Jin's departure

"I'm leaving."

The members of BTS look at their member in shock and confusion. "What do you mean.. leaving? Like on vacation?"

Jin clears his throat. "No. I'm leaving BTS. That's the reason I gathered you all here. I already talked to our CEO and they're going to release this information to the media after promotions are over."

Teary-eyed, the youngest spoke up. "Why.. Why are you leaving us?"

Jin sighs. This is exactly what he wanted to avoid. He didn't want to hurt anyone. "Look.. I'm not as talented as the rest of you guys. I know it. You know it. The fans know it. Everyone knows it. I'm not good at dancing. I'm not amazing at singing. This whole thing... Me being a singer? It's a joke." He gains the courage to look up at his 'old' group members.

"Tha-That's not true." Jimin couldn't believe what he was hearing, yet, he saw this coming. No matter how much Jin tried to act like the comments and actions from the fans didn't affect him.. Jimin could tell he was definitely affected. Whenever he would finish his segment of 'Eat Jin', he would rant to him about how the fans didn't care about him and how they only cared to see the other members. He ranted to him about how people would comment saying they were leaving 'constructive criticism' but in reality were just bashing his singing and dancing abilities.

"I've had it." The eldest member was drained. He couldn't handle it anymore. "Look, you guys will be perfectly fine without me. You always have been. I'll always remember you guys.  Thanks for the memories... and sorry."

Jin grabs the last of his bags and opens the front door. "I'll only bring you guys down." With that, he slips out into the night and leaves the now 6 member boy group in heartbreak and disbelief.

-
The inspiration behind this short story was when Jin was slept on hardcore. I wrote this like a year ago? Or 2. Back then Jin was super unappreciated and I wrote this kinda as a message to fans like "hey this might be happening behind closed doors, he might be feeling this way".