Prologue

I'm on a quest. A quest to destiny. I hope to find a great opportunity to make friends during my long journey. I hope to find responsibilities. Like, keeping something safe. Or someone. I know there are other crystal gems. These gems are...how do I say...unique. I can just feel it. One of my powers. Being determined. If that IS a power. Crystal was writing in her journal when she looked up and noticed how beautiful the sunrise was. She woke up extra early, not just to see the sunrise, but to get to her destination. She was headed towards an island nearby. Not yet named. Maybe unknown. She hoped to find other forms of living...well...humans! Maybe gems! She shrugged it off and saw her destination. She wrapped her satchel around her shoulder, put her journal in it, and grabbed her hoodie. She wrapped it around her waist and got out her glasses. Technical ones, actually.
She read the exact time, and meters away from her destination. She quickly got an oar and stuck against the sea floor, making the boat she was in stop.

Crystal got out of the boat, her gray boots splashing as she walked. She looked around. Scanning everything she could with her technical glasses. Sometimes, she felt like Iron Man. She didn't see any type of living so she unpacked her camping supplies and set it up. She strapped her boat to a nearby tree and sat next to the fire she built. She looked up at the stars. “Don't worry, mom. I won't let you down. I'll find those gems.” Crystal quietly said. She went into her hut like tent and lied down. She slowly went to sleep.

May the next day be a great one. She thought.