Chapter 1

"What... Where am I..? What is this light..? Its so... Bright... No... I don't like this... Not at all..."The silver girl squirmed and pounded her fists against the glass walls of the tube. The glass chamber was filled with a slimy, refractive, purple liquid. She choked on the liquid and spat it out but as soon as she opened her mouth, more of it swarmed into her. The front of the tube cracked slightly. She slammed herself against the crack, shattering the front of the enclosure. The purple sludge spilled out onto the pristine floors, the girl being slammed onto the floor with it. She coughed out the repulsive liquid. Choking with watering eyes, she struggled to lift herself up off the ground. When she had finally gained enough strength, she stood up, she had to look up to meet the eyes of the figure before her. He stared at her curiously, through his thick rimmed spectacles. She glared at the man who had watched her suffer but did nothing to assist her. "Who are you?" She sneered before coughing up more sludge.

He was astounded by her behavior. She was blatantly rude to him, a trait that was not shared by the two he had created before her. "Have some manners when speaking to your creator," The man glared.

"If you created me then why did you simply watch as I choked on that vile sludge," She growled. The man was purely astounded by the girl's attitude. Not only was she disrespectful and snarky but at the same time her question had rendered him speechless. The girl laughed at his confused expression and began to pull out some of the pieces of glass that had lodged themselves in her arms, legs, and neck. The navy blue blood-like substance trickled from her newly opened wounds. Once she had finished this substance had formed a small puddle at her feet. The light blue garment that she been wearing was now stained with her navy blood and the strange purple sludge. It simply looked like a tie-died dress of sorts.

Finally, the man had composed his thoughts and completely ignored the girl's strangely new question. "I am Vladimir Spind, the Royal Scientist. You will have manners when you speak to me, am I understood?" He hissed. The girl went completely stiff.

"Yes sir," She said, slightly frightened. She immediately looked down, staring at her feet. She was ashamed of the way she acted," May I ask a question?"

The man sighed in irritation," Yes, what is your question?"

"Who am I?" Her voice shook slightly as she asked this surprising question. It shocked both of them.

"Who are you? You are Subject 3 of Project Steel, my personal test subject," He explained.