Prologue

"Lucy pleas-"

His plea was cut off by a harsh slap on his right cheek. Rings scratching the soft skin in their wake.

"Shut up Harry,  you always fucking mess everything up."

The anger in her eyes burned hotter than hell itself.

"Baby I will clean it up I promise, I was just distracted. I'm sorry please love, I'll clean it." There were tears in his eyes, he tried to keep them at bay but was failing.

He kept thinking— He should've seen where he was going. That was her favourite vase. He should've payed more attention. He should be making her happy. He shouldn't be making her angry. It was all his fault.

"I'm going out, do whatever the fuck you want." She seethed.

"When w-will you be back?" He asked, scared to set her off once again.

"When you learn to be a better fucking boyfriend, because right now you're a poor excuse for one." She slammed the door right after her words.

The sharp ice in her words stabbed him over and over.

He was tired but couldn't do anything, he loves her. Sure she hits him and gets angry easily but it's because she loves him to, or that's what she claims.

•••

A  story about a 22 year old who is so in love with love he gives out as much as he can. It takes a shy 20 year old girl to help him realise love can't be felt with a closed fist but with a tender embrace.