Chapter 1

"Oh...you're leaving?"
It was a familiar voice. I turned around to find Saria, my childhood friend. Her hand was placed on the rope of the bridge.
"I knew someday you were bound to leave this forest," her bright blue eyes filled with tears, she blinked and they rolled down her cheek. "but...we'll be friends forever, won't we?"
I walked closer towards her. She removed one hand from the rope and the other from behind her back, she held a small object in the cup of her hand.
"Link...I made this for you. I hope that you will play it and think of visiting the forest...and think of me." She held out her hand and I looked at the object. It was a beautifully carved fairy ocarina.
I took it and held it with my own hands.
"T-thank you..." I said. I wasn't much of a talkative person, I only spoke when I felt it was necessary.
We both stood there in silence for at least a minute, looking at each other sadly. I broke the silence.
"I'll miss you. I'll be back. I promise."
She hugged me.
"I-I need to go..I'm sorry..." I turned around to face the entrance of the Forbidden Woods. Without a second look I walked out of the woods. As I left the woods I heard her cry, it broke my heart to leave but I promised I would return.

          ---------------------------------
Thanks for reading! There's more to come! I don't know when it will be up though, if you liked this please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! If anything needs improving please don't hesitate to let me know!
Thank you!
ZeldaFangirl1986
(Kait)

•Credit to the artist for the front cover